Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Fort Benning 3 Gun Challenge

If you have something that can be driven at a constant speed for everyone, shooting from a moving vehicle would be fun.

As to the guy who wants to crawl in a tunnel with a pistol and flashlight, all of us overweight guys over 50 will salute you when you step forward and enlist at the awards ceremony!

Charles Bond

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of the sniper rifle with one round (since its been done), how about a vintage rifle with a full mag properly regulated for the engagement range and targets to equal the amount of rounds. Iron sights of course.

The pistol through the tunnel has been done already, but Blueridge did a SG tunnel that was lower, and LARUE did a rifle tunnel that was even lower than that, both this year. So you could one up both of them by having a pistol tunnel that was lower still. One thing though, if it rains only one day like at LARUE you should hose it down the other two days. Or you could hose it down all three days just in case it might rain.

Mike

Edited by Mike P

Instead of the sniper rifle with one round (since its been done), how about a vintage rifle with a full mag properly regulated for the engagement range and targets to equal the amount of rounds. Iron sights of course.

The pistol through the tunnel has been done already, but Blueridge did a SG tunnel that was lower, and LARUE did a rifle tunnel that was even lower than that, both this year. So you could one up both of them by having a pistol tunnel that was lower still. One thing though, if it rains only one day like at LARUE you should hose it down the other two days. Or you could hose it down all three days just in case it might rain.

Mike

Oh, I predict your tunnel idea won't get much traction (pun intended). :devil:

Aaron shot the LaRue Match and got to crawl through the low tunnel while it was still in "lots of slippery mud" status. As I understand it, he had a jam in the tunnel. He covered himself and his firearm with mud while trying to clear the jam in the narrow, low confines of that tunnel. He was able to complete the stage before timing out, but it cost him at least 20 places in the match finals.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Edited to add: I would pay money for the video, if anyone got it :lol:

Aaron did not "volunteer" this information, or complain. I saw him covered in mud, and asked him if he had fallen down.

Edited by LChico

As to the guy who wants to crawl in a tunnel with a pistol and flashlight, all of us overweight guys over 50 will salute you when you step forward and enlist at the awards ceremony!
:cheers:
Maybe something in a dark house with some NVGs?
Do those things fit over eyeglasses? :ph34r:

Lee

The bridge always has served me well, lets keep it....

but I would LOVE to fire Hellfires at the stupid bloody boat whose engine is FUBAR !!!!

BUT ..... If Hellfires are a bit too expensive I will happily pay an extra $20 for an guided MK 42 torpedo....... :roflol:

What a great opportunity to express thyself!!

I've been looking at a lot of vids of shooters on the bridge, and I shot it twice myself. It's very imposing, scary even, but everyone seems to handle it pretty well, nobody screams on it, nobody totally loses it while shooting off it. I kinda like it.......my vote: keep it.

The trench system. How could anyone not love the trench stage? Need more targets in the trench! my vote: keep it.

This match hasn't had a hoser, fun stage (that I'm aware of). It's all techno, and hold on target and break the shot. We need a balls-to-the-wall hoser!!

At South River just south of Hat-lanta, they have a quasi shoot house up on the hill. It's been there for about 3 years now? They change the target setup for each match (of course). I've watched a lot of shooters come out and around that house with huge grins, arms up in excitement, totally in the zone from shooting left and right and moving from room to room - hosing!!

If anyone could build a 40-50 round house/room clearing hoser stage that nobody would forget for the next 5 years, I suspect it would be the AMU 3gun staffers.

I realize that's not .02 worth, probably more like a dime and 2 nickels. Thanks for the chance to speak it out!! michael

Charles Bond

I am 44 and have had bad knees since I was 8 years old, my back hurts sometimes too. I would still crawl through mud with a grin on my face at this match though.

I liked the bridge, keep it.

I like Michael's idea of a huge hosefest for one stage, that would be cool. :cheers:

Hurley

Most of us never get to fire weapons like the M240B or the M249, a burst from those at a mover would be AWESOME!

We did a 249 at the FN last year. It was neat, but as far as the match goes, you couldn't see your hits, and had no idea if you hit the target. Using the gun made the stage/match based on luck. I had to think about that a bit, we shot at paper targets. Hosing down 5 or 10 poppers would be a lot more real.

OK, I vote for a 249 and 10 pepper poppers. That would be a blast - literally!! :rolleyes:

We started a stage at an FOP match in NC several years ago in the back of a Hummer with a PKM and 15 or 20 rounds. There were 4 bowling pins hanging from a piece of pipe down range and you had to make at least one of them move. You then bailed out of the Hummer, grabbed your rifle and ran down a road to a house. Targets were engaged from inside the house with both rifle and handgun.

Made for a neat stage.

Hamp,

I'll "volunteer" to blow the GD bridge up!

I'll even be nice!

12 pounds of C4, 50' of DET cord.

We'll make it into souvenir tooth pics!

10-4 on making toothpicks out of the bridge

You all must know that the more you complain about the Bridge, the more likely it is to be used again------I think all of you deep down really like it-----come on, admit it. Now wheres that video of me last year beating it into submission with my buttstock----

If the AMU ever needs a fund raiser, all they have to do is sell raffle tickets to burn the bridge. We all show up with hot dogs, smores, cold beer etc... The lucky winner of the drawing gets to put the match to the sucker to start the festivities....That is rural Ga, and I'm sure they know how to have a proper bonfire party. If they don't, call the crew from NC and we'll come down and get it started for ya! :cheers: