Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Fort Benning 3 Gun Challenge

I noticed some concerns about traffic coming out of Atlanta toward Columbus and back to the airport. Based on my experience this is not going to be a problem

I'm worried about traffic from Toronto to Ft. Benning...~! :D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed some concerns about traffic coming out of Atlanta toward Columbus and back to the airport. Based on my experience this is not going to be a problem

Take off your shoes, replace with ruby red slippers, click heels together 3x while saying "I want to go shoot, I want to go shoot, I want to go shoot"

Take off your shoes, replace with ruby red slippers, click heels together 3x while saying "I want to go shoot, I want to go shoot, I want to go shoot"

Doesn't that get you to Kansas?

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Looks like whomever I talked to at the Match Hotel didn't know how to use a computer. Plenty of rooms left, and I got to switch mine to the match block. Thanks for checking on it Aaron.

So is it a sign that I have a problem if:

1) I already have my confirmation

2) Already have my hotel reservations

3) Already set aside enough ammo to shoot this event twice (i really might need all of that and more... :unsure: )

4) and .... I still check out this topic several times a day...

??

So is it a sign that I have a problem if:

1) I already have my confirmation

2) Already have my hotel reservations

3) Already set aside enough ammo to shoot this event twice (i really might need all of that and more... :unsure: )

4) and .... I still check out this topic several times a day...

??

Does it help to know that your are the envy of about 200+ shooters on the waiting list? ;)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Take heart o those members of the list that waits.

I too was a member of this cadre one time (2008) and having girded mine self against the spectre of defeat was amply rewarded with a position amongst the agust group that shooteth the match.

Yes less than 30 days before the match was to be begun, I was notified of an open position.

There be hope for many that wait. Despair not. Mine number upon the list of the waiters was 165.

Jim

Yeah, hang in there on the waiting list until the last day, you never know...

My registration# last year was #298 and two days before the match I received the much anticipated email "you're shootin'" !

And it was worth it!

Happy 4th everyone.

I just sent confirmation (as in "Congratulations, you are in the match!" ) to ten shooters who were on the waiting list. Hard as it may be to believe, I had shooters with great Registration Code numbers below 170 who neglected to send me an application and check. The waiting list now starts at Registration Code 211. :D

Thanks to Jim and Christian for the nice comments about last year's waiting list. Last year was a VERY unusual year for the waiting list. We had a large number of shooters who withdrew from the match due to the poor economy. Some lost jobs, or had vacation time canceled. We had a number of active duty shooters who were deployed out of the country. We had some who got discouraged because they were waiting for months. If your situation changes, all you need to do is notify me.

A few comments about those currently confirmed in the match: if you have to withdraw from the match, you will get a full refund. It does not matter what the reason is for cancellation. What you cannot do, is give your slot in the match to someone else. That confirmed slot in the match is for you ONLY. If you are unable to attend, you must notify me and I will arrange for a refund. I will offer the slot to the next person on the waiting list.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

I just sent confirmation (as in "Congratulations, you are in the match!" ) to ten shooters who were on the waiting list. Hard as it may be to believe, I had shooters with great Registration Code numbers below 170 who neglected to send me an application and check. The waiting list now starts at Registration Code 211. :D

Thanks to Jim and Christian for the nice comments about last year's waiting list. Last year was a VERY unusual year for the waiting list. We had a large number of shooters who withdrew from the match due to the poor economy. Some lost jobs, or had vacation time canceled. We had a number of active duty shooters who were deployed out of the country. We had some who got discouraged because they were waiting for months. If your situation changes, all you need to do is notify me.

A few comments about those currently confirmed in the match: if you have to withdraw from the match, you will get a full refund. It does not matter what the reason is for cancellation. What you cannot do, is give your slot in the match to someone else. That confirmed slot in the match is for you ONLY. If you are unable to attend, you must notify me and I will arrange for a refund. I will offer the slot to the next person on the waiting list.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Thanks Linda - from one of the lucky 10. See ya'll at Benning!!

:cheers:

Wow. Glad I checked email provider's spam mailbox, 'cause I am #210 and my Inbox was empty. Seems like Gmail thinks Linda's message is like the ones that say "Take lovegun and shoot" emails. :angry: Her previous messages came through. Fixed it now.

Lee

Wow. Glad I checked email provider's spam mailbox, 'cause I am #210 and my Inbox was empty. Seems like Gmail thinks Linda's message is like the ones that say "Take lovegun and shoot" emails. :angry: Her previous messages came through. Fixed it now.

Lee

So your in as well???

Full auto and I are going!!

Jim m ammo

Is it too late to register for this match?

Oh, gosh no. Anyone can still register. I am still sending out new Registration Codes every day. Registration Codes are now in the low 400's.

:ph34r:

Now, actually getting off that waiting list & into the match. . . That is getting pretty difficult. Slim chances at best.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

I guess that puts me at #14 on the waiting list. My fingers are crossed!!!!

Is it too late to register for this match?

Oh, gosh no. Anyone can still register. I am still sending out new Registration Codes every day. Registration Codes are now in the low 400's.

:ph34r:

Now, actually getting off that waiting list & into the match. . . That is getting pretty difficult. Slim chances at best.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

:lol:

Don't take me seriously on this, Linda. That thoroughly absurd question I posted was a lame attempt at humor.

You thought I'd lost my mind, didn't you?

:lol:

Don't take me seriously on this, Linda. That thoroughly absurd question I posted was a lame attempt at humor.

You thought I'd lost my mind, didn't you?

Mark, I know you, and I was thinking you were serious........... :roflol:

I guess you just answered my question on that OTHER forum there Rich! Not in yet....
Come on....215!

Woohoo!

Rich

To everyone on the waiting list, I am sorry. I had planned to start sending out waiting list numbers tonight, but I forgot about the 4th of July Holiday. It has delayed the process for an additional day. I am still getting mail with postmarks that keep the shooters on the list. It takes a bit longer to get mail from the West Coast or Canada.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Are non-shooters allowed on base?

I have friends in the area that would like to watch for a day...

Is there a way for them to do so?

Thanks!

They are very much allowed just remind them they need eye and ear protection. They have also recently opened the new version of the Museum of the American Infanty which is well worth seeing and it is also on the base.

Confirmation received - check

Hotel reserved - check

Days off requested - check

New shotgun - check

Car repaired - check

Happy about not going through TSA checkpoint with ammo this time because we are local and don't have to fly - check

Is it December yet?

Cant wait! :surprise: