Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Airsoft training; Most Glock like trigger?

kamikaze1a

The hop-up tool adjusts the back-spin that the gun puts on the BBs. Mine is set for the tightest headshot group possible at 10 yards (which is pushing max range)... and I still have your issue. Especially since I only have one magazine. Shoot fast, and the mag freezes. Lower temps = less pressure from the same amount of gas.

Leaving your mag out in the sun, and switching mags, should help this.

My solution so far has been itty-bitty targets about 15 feet away. It hits before it begins to hook.1 ;)

I have a buddy with a CNC Plasma-cutter at work. I'm going to have him cut me a bunch of 3" diameter circles to make a plate rack out if, and a bunch of pepper poppers. I've figured out that 16ga sheetmetal is impervious to airsoft (200 rounds, zero marks) but it falls reliably. I tried thinner stuff, and it dented the bejeezus out of the plates.

Oh, I've chrono'd mine with both green gas and the WalMart propane bottles I use now. It's never been outside of 300-318 fps until the mag starts to run dry, with either gas. I found the EXACT same velocities with my buddy's 1911 (WE Hi-Capa 5.1)

Some of the airsoft-teenaged-dorks websites say propane isn't as powerful. But the chrono doesn't lie. ;)

Edited by Duane Thomas

In case anyone is planning to make their own steel targets, here's what happens when you fire an airsoft at various sheetmetals.

I tried three thicknesses today. Just fired a whole magazine at them from a range of 3 feet.

16gauge = .060" thick

22gauge = .030" thick

24gauge = .024" thick <--furnace ductwork is made from this

Looks like I'll have to go with 16 for my targets if I want them to last... Which sucks, because it's $33 for a 24"x24" piece from Home Depot. I'll have to check with our steel supplier - hopefully that'll be his price for 24"x48", or a full 4x8 sheet of it.

At least the test-popper I made out of it falls consistently.

post-11460-1244570710_thumb.jpg

MM,

I don't know if this will be of any help but I made five, 5" diameter foam plates out of high density foam and taped some cut 5" diameter, white "CoolWhip" lids to the foam so the bb's wouldn't get stuck in the foam (and so the targets will last.) For hinges, I used duct tape. I have these set up in my garage at 21 feet and practice with my T.M MEU. We shoot 6" plates at 7 yards at our plate shoots. I made the foam a bit smaller just to make life harder. The bb's last quite a long time when shooting foam targets and, after cleaning them up, I use them again.

Airsoft training has certainly been helpful to my shooting (and, it's fun in it's own right.) I've also done a lot of draw and dry fire practice over the last year. I don't know which is most helpful towards shooting improvement but I've come from the middle of the pack the last three years to winning 3 matches since the start of the year and coming in 2nd in two matches. Being a trifocal wearing, arthritic 62 year old, I'm kind of tickled.

WyoBob

• 1 month later...
The HFC will not without extensive mods to the gun or holster.

My HFC G17 fits in my daily carry rig, a Blade-Tech Standard Belt Holster, a bit more snugly than the real gun, but not at all out-of-line for draw and fire practice, without any mods or adjustment to either.

Is having a plastic lower a bad thing for a glock clone?

I'm only familiar with the TM, KSC/KWA and HFC Glock 17 Airsofts, but they all have frames of ABS plastic. Is there even such a thing as a Glock Airsoft with a non-plastic frame?

TM, KWA/KSC are better quality, accuracy, reliability, and replacement/upgrade parts are available.

Don't get a HFC.

A couple of days ago I was talking to Bob Collins at Action Sport Games and I mentioned the whole "HFCs don't have replacement or upgrade parts" thing, which I've heard several times. He snorted and told me, "That's absolutely untrue. I know, because we've sold them." Specifically he mentioned replacement valves for the HFC Glock 17 magazines.

The sights are fixed and POI is off for POA. The only way I could fix that was to file the front sight.

I've adjusted POI/POA on my HFC, and tightened up accuracy considerably as well, with pieces of masking tape on the inner brass barrel. (Talked about more at length in another thread.)

I'll measure the rail against the actual glock when I get home tonight and let you know.

I've tried slipping my Surefire X200 onto the HFC. With a bit of pushing it will slide onto the rail but the locking bar won't snap into the corresponding (or in this case, not corresponding) female portion on the rail.