Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LA State Boat Stage....

AggieMM

Aggie: I attended as 1st time spectator, not knowing what I would or should expect to see. Needless to say if you think the wig-wags (don't know proper name of the moving targets) move fast in the video, you should have seen it in person. I stood there thinking how the heck would I ever hit any portion of the target with a pistol much less with my revolver. I had the thought later that if they made the target out of steel, I would at least hear that I managed to hit it, regardless of scoring! There were lots of great talent and amazing shooters. I figured out that this is a young man/woman's sport or that you should get into it at an early age and mature through it.

Nice little football conference you have over there. I'm an old '73 grad from LSU and we do what we can in the SEC.

Steve

I would love to read the stage description.

"You are in your boat and break down/run out of gas in a shady part of town when you are approached by 4 thugs threatening you and your family as they begin dancing side to side, ELIMINATE the THREATS from within your boat!" :roflol:

You may thank yours truly for the 2009 boat stage.

I didn't hear the first bad thing about it, except how intimidating it was.

We were very skeptical about using this stage, as we thought it would be a bottleneck, but it turned out we were wrong, and it went smoothly.

Glad you all liked it.

Watch Jerry shoot it at

http://s605.photobucket.com/albums/tt133/kyle03865/

The targets are not actually moving that fast. It's just that the overall impression of the amount of movement occurring out there can make it seem more intimidating than it really is.

Exactly. It really wasn't that bad. It was very intimidating to stand back and watch. Just about everybody said "Whoa" when they saw the runthrough the first time.

I had hoped my 14.25 would hold out for the stage win, but it wasn't meant to be. Maybe next time. ;)

Big props to Kyle O for designing and running a good match. :cheers: