Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HSmith mags

duct tape

I'm one of the lucky ones to already have some of Howard's mags. Sometimes it feels like at least a part time job just keeping my personal mags clean and shiny. I can't imagine how long it takes Howard to do just one of his super polished mags.

Thank you all for the support, I really appreciate it.

Here's the deal: I have had some significant changes at my day job over the last several months, I am required to travel more (airplane on Monday morning, home late Friday night, etc) and so on. With business the way it is these changes are necessary for me to keep my job. I have a lot less time to work with now, consequently there have been delays and delays on delays. For that I am sorry. What it boils down to is I am not able to treat you guys the way I would want to be treated and it bothers me greatly. As a result I am making some changes in the operation and won't be taking on new projects for a while. Hopefully things will settle sooner than later but I am thinking late fall. All of the projects that are in the queue will be finished in the order that they were recieved and as soon as possible. Your patience is greatly appreciated while I work through this.

I will try to get the pm box cleaned up when I have a little time, email addy is in my profile and works. I have some new technology to help me keep in touch while on the road but again patience is appreciated while I figure out how to use it LOL.

Thanks, Howard,

Here's the deal: I have had some significant changes at my day job over the last several months, I am required to travel more (airplane on Monday morning, home late Friday night, etc) and so on. With business the way it is these changes are necessary for me to keep my job. I have a lot less time to work with now, consequently there have been delays and delays on delays. For that I am sorry. What it boils down to is I am not able to treat you guys the way I would want to be treated and it bothers me greatly. As a result I am making some changes in the operation and won't be taking on new projects for a while. Hopefully things will settle sooner than later but I am thinking late fall. All of the projects that are in the queue will be finished in the order that they were recieved and as soon as possible. Your patience is greatly appreciated while I work through this.

I will try to get the pm box cleaned up when I have a little time, email addy is in my profile and works. I have some new technology to help me keep in touch while on the road but again patience is appreciated while I figure out how to use it LOL.

Thanks, Howard,

Howard, take care of you and your family first. We love your magazines and hope you return in the fall :cheers:

Thanks, Howard,

A class act all the way. You are always welcome in our house.

• 2 weeks later...
I will try to get the pm box cleaned up when I have a little time...

Thanks, Howard,

Hallo Howard.

I am trying to sent you a pm but your inbox is full and you cant accept it.

Please advice.

Thanks.

Ioannis

Thanks, Howard,

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Be patient guys... if Howard was physically able to get the stuff done he would. He works harder than any two guys I know and he will get the back stuff out as fast as humanly possible. Bear in mind, most of us making widgets for you have full time jobs too. Sometimes these jobs get in the way of widget production and we must keep the bosses happy to feed our families.

Best,

JT

Has anyone been able to get in contact with Howard lately?

I tried to leave an e-mail with him, and was told his

inbox was full.

Jack

I have had the same problem and I have had my mags on order now for close to 8 months. The first mags have started giving me problems with premature lockback with a lot of rounds remaining in the gun. I have had to go back to using my Dawson tuned STI mags. I wish I could contact Howard. I paid for the two magazines in advance and at this point I would like to ask for a refund. But I can't contact him.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

I'm sure someone here would probably pay you what you have in them, they must be close to the top of the pile by now.

On the premature lock back, have you replaced the slide lock lately? Sounds like a round might be bumping it and causing it to go to lock back.

And I'd be interested in "buying you out" on the two on order if they are any variation of 38 or 9mm. PM me if interested.

Edited by SLM

And when you ask yourself "Why" , you may have just witnessed one part of the answer.

Dave hit the nail on the head. Many who order the mags have other issues and they are hoping and expecting that the mags will fix the problem. When it doesnt the mags are to blame. I find this allot with people buying a fix to a problem. I have known Howard to step up and offer to fix the other problems as well. He goes above and beyond but its getting harder and harder to satisfy everybody.

Newer shooters come into the sport with the mentality if they buy something once they are entitled to it working perfectly from now on. They dont realize the fact things wear. In fact magazines and their components wear. They also go through getting dropped on the ground , kicked around and stepped on which changes dimensions constantly. But that entitlement mentality places the blame on the source of the product than the things that really caused the problem. We as a society have grown to expect somebody else to pay for our misfortune, deserved or not.

How much this kind of stuff played in Howards decision I am not sure but i am willing to bet it played some role.

I also realize I am guilty of the same mentality at times.

Edited by chuckbradley

If Howard isn't customizing mags, who is the next

best source of tuned mags for a 9mm STI TruBor?

Looking for a 170 mm mag that holds 29-30 rounds.

Jack

29 rounds is easy. STI tube, Dawson +1 SNL, Bolen Springs and followers. You can get 30 if you know how to tweak the tube feed lips and how to reform the tube in a vice. Make note, the difference between a mag running and the bottom round flipping the follower over can be just a couple .001. If you hear some rattle in the tube you are walking a narrow line.

I've learned how to tune my STI tubes in .40 to hold 21 using Bolen springs/followers and a 4mm base pad. They all fit the gauge too. I learned by playing with them to see what specs you can run to without problems. To get 21 reloadable is a very fine line with the STI tubes.

My next step is learning how to apply a good polish to the inside of the tube. I tried a 12 gauge bore mop that is 30" long by breaking about 10" off of it and chucking it up in the drill. The only problem is that the core of the bore mop is wood and it doesn't yield too well to being tight in the chuck. Getting a good finish on the inside of the mags is pretty important too. At some point I'll figure out how to get something in there to polish the insides.

I'm sure someone here would probably pay you what you have in them, they must be close to the top of the pile by now.

On the premature lock back, have you replaced the slide lock lately? Sounds like a round might be bumping it and causing it to go to lock back.

I need to de activate the slide stop but have not gotten around to it yet. I wish I could just buy a part already modified as I really don't know what I am doing on that.

Pat