Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HSmith mags

duct tape

I received my tuned mags done my HSmith yesterday from Shooter's Connection. I called them today asking about color options for the base pads and was told no more are available, he's no longer tuning any more mags.

If true I'm sorry to hear the news but very glad to have received my order. Since Mr Smith and many who know him post here I was curious if he was still tuning mags but working with another retailer.

I received my tuned mags done my HSmith yesterday from Shooter's Connection. I called them today asking about color options for the base pads and was told no more are available, he's no longer tuning any more mags.

If true I'm sorry to hear the news but very glad to have received my order. Since Mr Smith and many who know him post here I was curious if he was still tuning mags but working with another retailer.

I'm glad I bought mine when I did :surprise: And I hope they run forever :cheers:

I emailed Howard a couple of weeks ago, and he said he was taking a break from making mags for a while. I do not want to speak for Howard, but I think he is pretty busy, and probably trying to get caught up.

Randy

An email to HSMITH- asking about my mags- he informed

me that he was trying to clear up his back orders- and to

expect another 4-6 weeks for them. He also stated that he

is sutting down the mag operation untill some time next fall!

That was abouth two weeks ago- :mellow:

Over the years talking to Howard,...most times he is up working on mags at all hours of the night.

I can understand that he would have to burn out at some point...you can only give 110 percent for so long.

I doubt you could find a match, big or small anywhere ...that his mags are not there :closedeyes:

Take a break my Friend :cheers:

Jim

Over the years talking to Howard,...most times he is up working on mags at all hours of the night.

I can understand that he would have to burn out at some point...you can only give 110 percent for so long.

I doubt you could find a match, big or small anywhere ...that his mags are not there :closedeyes:

Take a break my Friend :cheers:

Jim

+1

BK

Magazine tuning is a business that is certain to simply kick your ass. I haven't spoken to anyone in the biz who actually enjoys tuning mags (once their business catches on at all). And, there's very little margin in it, once you look at how much time is actually spent on a tube vs. how much profit there is to gain from it. Not to mention the customer service calls... once someone sticks your tuned mag in their gun, every single problem that gun has from that day forward somehow magically becomes your tuned magazine's fault (instead of the obvious extractor or ejector problems, or bad ammo, or the new "not as arrived" mag guts the owner has decided would be better than the parts you tuned the mag for... ad nauseum).

I'd say it sounds like Howard is planning a well deserved break... :lol:

Mine arrived yesterday. After fondling them for the better part of the hour I've decided I am going to have to start doing IDPA reloads as I can't bring myself to dropping these beauties on the ground! Sweet work.

If Howard isn't customizing mags, who is the next

best source of tuned mags for a 9mm STI TruBor?

Looking for a 170 mm mag that holds 29-30 rounds.

Jack

Jack,

You can send your work to me..............All my 170 tubes hold 35 rounds.......... of course, you do not get springs or followers, but they hold 35 rounds. Please do not call me after your first load and make ready experience...... :surprise:

Good question on the mags. Brazos makes some excellent running mags.

Jerry

Edited by 1911jerry

If Howard isn't customizing mags, who is the next

best source of tuned mags for a 9mm STI TruBor?

Looking for a 170 mm mag that holds 29-30 rounds.

Jack

Brazo's?

Yes Brazos Has tuned mags look here http://www.1911store.com/super-tunedmagazi...sonbasepad.aspx

BK

Yes sir,

I have four of his tuned mags and love them. I too have a hard time letting such a thing of beauty hit the ground, at times. Last weekend I managed to find the only water puddle on a stage...with my shiny new mag! :angry2:

Edited by Bigpops

Jack,

You can send your work to me..............All my 170 tubes hold 35 rounds.......... of course, you do not get springs or followers, but they hold 35 rounds. Please do not call me after your first load and make ready experience...... :surprise:

Now that is funny :) Made my morning.....

Hmmm... anyone know what that means for tubes he has in the queue?

I tried sending him a PM last week (!) to make sure mine had arrived, and... no joy. can't send the PM, his inbox is full.

:unsure:

Hmmm... anyone know what that means for tubes he has in the queue?

I tried sending him a PM last week (!) to make sure mine had arrived, and... no joy. can't send the PM, his inbox is full.

:unsure:

Howard must be on the road again. I have a big stick in the queue and two weeks ago he said he would be starting on the queue.

Gotta be patient and he said he was having a hard time getting tubes.

Howard told me that the two mags I ordered

last August would be here "in the next week

or two" for the last ten weeks. Three weeks

ago, they were all finished, but had to be

"sent out to be engraved"

but I haven't heard anything since.

If anyone hears from him, pls let us

know so we can reach him.

Jack

Jack,

I just got a set from Howard. When he told me they went to be engraved, it was 2 to 3 weeks later and I had them.

I threw my vast trophy collection out in the trash and replaced them with his mags.

They work great and look even better.

Jerry

Guys,

I talked to Howard this past weekend.......He is swamped catching up on the backlog. I think he is the type that hates to tell people "NO" when they ask for him to do work for them. ;) .....He is working on catching up the backlog, and that is why there are no current orders for mags......

He is doing work instead of spending time on the computer checking his PM list......

Be patient, and realize that his real job is keeping him busy as well.....

<not a paid endorser, just a satisified customer..... :cheers: >

DougC

:rolleyes:

Ican certainly understand the backlog that Howard has ,making these 170 caspian mags that I do takes so muc time

that If actual hours were charged for each mag peoplewould not be able to afford them. And if ya also also are trying to

work/build on guns you getso backed up all your waking hours are spent in the shop.

Not complaining but most folks just dont understand the time it takes to try todo stuff right and good.

Jim/PA

SAilors :rolleyes::devil::blush: