Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 R&R Targets Multi-Gun

Thanks for posting the scores.

Looks like there may have been a mix-up on stage 6. It shows the stage winner shot it in 20.30 seconds, which seems unlikely since that person finished pretty far down the order and the next closest was Craig Outzen who won open and shot it in 30.36 seconds.

I don't think it would have changed the outcome but who knows.

I was wondering the same thing. Also when you look at the ST scores, there isn't any 100 point winner on stages 3, 6, and 10. I think this one could affect the overall scores, but don't know for sure.

By the way, thanks for posting the scores 3gungal! Sorry I didn't get to chat with you while I was there. Take care.

Adios,

TG

Travis,

It looks like they combined all division to derive the points and then applied those point in each division. So if an open guy was 100% on a stage and the highest tactical guy was 95%, the tactical guy only got 95 points in tactical division rather than 100 points.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone,

Just want to say this was a great match. The R&R guys put together great stages and the match finished on time without any major hiccups.

This was my second R&R match and this was much better than last year in my opinion. I was shocked at how many targets you could get on those small covered bays!! It wasn't a crazy bullseye match like last year either, lots of paper everywhere but a few strategically placed no-shoots could really ruin your day if you didn't slow down a notch for those shots.

Thanks to all the RO's for chasing us around all weekend!

Thanks to all the match sponsors for donating all the great prizes!

Thanks to MGM Targets, Irvington Arms, Tactical Solutions and Warne Tactical for being great sponsors and companies and cool people!

Thanks to DPMS for the cool LR-308 AP4 rifle I won!

And mostly thanks to my friends, Todd, Travis, Dan, Arnold, Dave, Frank, John for everything else. These guys help me out more than they know and I owe them a lot!

Great match, great RO's. Great everything. Just one very very minor complaint and would like others to chime in with their opinion. On stage 1--I think it was shotgun and pistol with two slug targets that had to be engaged twice from within two different fault lines. Normally, the best indicator of a slug hit is sound, sometimes you can see movement of the plate, but sometimes not. I engaged both targets twice with three hits because I could neither discern movement nor sound to indicate a hit. Well, I am required to wear ear protection. And I am not the youngest shooter out there, 56 years old. I don't see why it is so onerous to have the RO call hits. I would agree that calling hi or lo or left and right for missed shots may be inappropriate, but I don 't understand why hit calls are not allowed. A wide variety of factors could affect the ability to "call" a hit from the shooter's perspective--atmospheric conditions, sun angle, wind, other random sounds from the neighboring areas, dealing with recoil, etc. Just interested in other people's opinion.

This issue probably resulted in about 15 sec of additional time and would not have changed my position in the least. Just like to know the rationale.

Sponsors were awesome!!!!

If I can, would definitely shoot next year's match!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chaps

Chaps,

In retro-spec (SP) we should have had the RO call the shots...lesson learned! You are on the money with your comment and we are listening! We will from here on out, we will ask the shooter if he wants to have hits called or not...shooters choice. Some shooters don't want the RO to do anything except keep out of the way, and we want to do that for sure! Of course the better solutions might just be a self setter at distance and or a rope pull target to take the guessing out of the match.

Sincerely,

RLTW,

Scott

Thanks for posting the scores.

Looks like there may have been a mix-up on stage 6. It shows the stage winner shot it in 20.30 seconds, which seems unlikely since that person finished pretty far down the order and the next closest was Craig Outzen who won open and shot it in 30.36 seconds.

I don't think it would have changed the outcome but who knows.

I was wondering the same thing. Also when you look at the ST scores, there isn't any 100 point winner on stages 3, 6, and 10. I think this one could affect the overall scores, but don't know for sure.

By the way, thanks for posting the scores 3gungal! Sorry I didn't get to chat with you while I was there. Take care.

Adios,

TG

Yes. We in stats questioned this time as well but on close exam of the white sheet that was the score that came into stats.....so that is the score we recorded. Funny thing but the guy who received that score, he fell asleep in his car during awards and didn't wake up until awards were almost over. He did walk the prize table but after everyone in his division had walked. Funny how things work out.

TG I am sorry I missed you too. Craig and I will see you at MGM next year for sure!!! Hope you had a good time.

Great match, great RO's. Great everything. Just one very very minor complaint and would like others to chime in with their opinion. On stage 1--I think it was shotgun and pistol with two slug targets that had to be engaged twice from within two different fault lines. Normally, the best indicator of a slug hit is sound, sometimes you can see movement of the plate, but sometimes not. I engaged both targets twice with three hits because I could neither discern movement nor sound to indicate a hit. Well, I am required to wear ear protection. And I am not the youngest shooter out there, 56 years old. I don't see why it is so onerous to have the RO call hits. I would agree that calling hi or lo or left and right for missed shots may be inappropriate, but I don 't understand why hit calls are not allowed. A wide variety of factors could affect the ability to "call" a hit from the shooter's perspective--atmospheric conditions, sun angle, wind, other random sounds from the neighboring areas, dealing with recoil, etc. Just interested in other people's opinion.

This issue probably resulted in about 15 sec of additional time and would not have changed my position in the least. Just like to know the rationale.

Sponsors were awesome!!!!

If I can, would definitely shoot next year's match!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chaps

I hear you Chaps. I hit the steel the second time around, 2 for 2, and heard it along with the few squadmates that were following us but when it was over I was told that I shot into the trees and didn't hit that first plate regardless of what anyone else heard. I even had/have proof in the video that was recorded as you can clearly hear the steel ring out but the Mike stood. Cost me two places. Otherwise I'd like to thank all the RO's, staff and sponsors for putting this on for all of us. I know it's a lot of work for many months coming not to mention the week of the match and no amount of thank you's can really express our appreciation and gratitude for all the tireless hours that are put into a match like this. Thank you to all involved!

Thanks to all the match sponsors for donating all the great prizes!

Thanks to MGM Targets, Irvington Arms, Tactical Solutions and Warne Tactical for being great sponsors and companies and cool people!

Just to put a little clarity to the R and R Sponsors: Irvington Arms nor Tactical Solutions were sponsors to the R and R match...Warne Tactical was/is a great sponsor to the match and deserves credit as a Major match sponsor! MGM gave paper targets and for the money, they are the best out there. Thank you Travis...

VR,

RLTW,

Scott

Edited by busyhawk

Actually MGM donated 500 paper targets and 50 - 60 rolls of tape. : )

Adios

TG

Thanks to all the match sponsors for donating all the great prizes! Thanks to MGM Targets, Irvington Arms, Tactical Solutions and Warne Tactical for being great sponsors and companies and cool people!
Just to put a little clarity to the R and R Sponsors: MGM, Irvington Arms nor Tactical Solutions were sponsors to the R and R match...Warne Tactical was/is a great sponsor to the match and deserves credit as a Major match sponsor! VR, RLTW, Scott