Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Weekend Class: Max Michel & Travis Tomasie

DrShooter

Max and Travis are coming to southeast Washington (aka, middle-of-nowhere) to give a two day class on 6-7 June 2009. This is two weeks before Area 1. So, you should have time to incorporate what you learn. :rolleyes: I just hope to recover, speaking for myself.

Location of the range is here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source...mp;t=h&z=18

Right click and get directions back to your location...

If you come and need a hotel, I recommend one in Richland (north of town), such as the Clarion, Red Lion, etc. The range is actually midway between Benton City and Richland on the Yakima River.

There are 4 spots left for the class, which is limited to 12. 12 students, 2 world-class instructors. Nuff said.

The class is $600.00. Send me a check for half ($300.00) to hold your place. PM me if you're interested and I'll reply with my mailing address.

Disclosure: I don't have to pay to take the class, usual deal for the organizer. But I will provide drinks and sandwiches to keep everything going at a good pace.

Also, I'm going to go buy some stuff at Brian's store to chip in for this ad when I get home.

I haven't talked to them about the round count, but other classes I've taken seem to be about 750 per day. It's a competition class in general, so it doesn't focus on particular divisions. Bringing several pistols and their associated ammo is usually a good idea since you don't want to get bogged down by technical problems.

I've brought 1K per day for at least 2 pistols in the past.

Also, I noticed that the Google link doesn't go to the range anymore for some reason. But just follow the river along 225 and you'll see it on the LHS.

I just finished the class with Max and Travis in Alabama. If you have any doubt, it is well worth the money.

There is another topic on that class. If you PM any of the attendees they will tell you what great guys there are, and that they are super instructors.

Round count is usually set about 400-500 per day. With our class this weekend, we shot about 450 Saturday, but only about 200 Sunday because we were working stage breakdowns, etc.

Mark K

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Shilo Inn is only $97/night and pretty good (although I personally haven't stayed there in 5 years or so). The Clarion is a mile or two closer and just a few bucks more, it's also a pretty good hotel.

If you're looking for a bargain, you could even stay in Pasco or Kennewick. Kennewick is the biggest city with the most hotels I think. Richland is about 15-20 minutes from the range, and Pasco/Kennewick are only about 15 minutes farther than that.

DrShooter: got start times or round counts yet? I need to get my butt-a-reloadin' :)

• 2 weeks later...

I sent out an email to all participants this morning 6/1/09 with information about the class. There's still room for a couple of late additions. PM me if you're interested.

See ya,

Kyle