Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Loading 30-06 on the 550B - Powder Everywhere!

I am currently loading 30-06 on my 550B with 2520 and, similar to my .223 loadings

with W748, there is powder all over the press and my bench. Is there an inherent

problem with the Dillon Rifle powder system? Does anyone have any tips to deal

with this? My press is immaculate and cleaned before I start a new load batch of

any caliber. I don't have nearly the problem with powder loading for pistol calibers

that I do with rifle.

At the end of the down-stroke with the handle, hesitate a bit to give the powder time to drop completely. With pistols and the lighter charge, there's no need to hesitate, but the rifle stuff takes a split-second longer to drop that much powder.

Alan~^~

At the end of the down-stroke with the handle, hesitate a bit to give the powder time to drop completely. With pistols and the lighter charge, there's no need to hesitate, but the rifle stuff takes a split-second longer to drop that much powder.

Alan~^~

Thanks,

I will give this a try. Makes sense.

TBP

Alan~^~

That's usually all it takes, as 748 meters real well in Dillon's Powder Measure.

be