Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bragging

tpcdvc

Maybe it's just me or maybe I'm getting old, but I sure hate it when people boast on themselves. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Trust me, if you are deserving of accolades others will take care of it. We all love talent, hard work and determination and enjoy recognizing it.

----------Here are a few great quotes-------

The only safe way to boast is by constructive deeds not by words.

We wound our modesty and make foul the clearness of our deservings, when of ourselves we publish them.

Where boasting ends, there dignity begins.

Great boast, small roast.

Humility makes great men twice honorable ~ (Ben Franklin)

Humility is the solid foundation of all the virtues.

(AND MY FAVORITE)

Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it's thinking of yourself less. ~

The Hate forum is for rants only - please, no lengthy discussions or debates.

Hate threads that turn into discussions or debates will be automatically locked without notice.

General or supportive-related comments are not prohibited; however - rebuttals are specifically prohibited.

If you don't agree with someone's rant - keep it to yourself.

Add the word "CLOSED" as the last line in your INITIAL post, if you do not want anyone to reply in your thread. A moderator will then lock your thread. (You can also PM a moderator, if you'd like your post locked immediately.)

• Hate rants involving shooters, firearms, or shooting related manufacturers, such as but not limited to - IPSC, IDPA, USPSA, Colt, Brownell's, Dillon, or Match Staff - are NOT PERMITTED. Brian's Forums is also not the place to resolve customer service issues or disputes you may have with a manufacturer, dealer, gunsmith, or individual.

• If your hate rant has to do with shooting then it needs to be directed towards yourself.

In general - The Hate Forum is not for venting about anything to do with anyone or thing that hits close to home here. Please keep that in mind when posting in the Hate Forum.

I'm sorry for these restrictions, which may restrict a few reasonable hate rants. Overall, the moderating staff does not feel it's appropriate for the forum's content or well being in general.

NOTE: At a Moderator's discretion, Hate rants may be locked at any time after the initial post.

Thanks!

be

--------------------

Notice that when you are not of thinking of something that's making you sad, you're not.

BrianEnos.com Online Store:

Books | Slide-Glide | Dillon Precision | Videos/DVDs | Safariland | Wilson | Donate

BrianEnos.com Dealer Forum / Blem Deals

"I hate people when they're not polite."

David Byrne

Dude, I have no idea what you are talking about. The person that got me thinking about this I'm sure doesn't even own a gun.

Dude, I have no idea what you are talking about. The person that got me thinking about this I'm sure doesn't even own a gun.

Seems fair enough. There are plenty of blow-hards outside of the shooting community to go around.

<_< I want to say something, but my mouth all-ways gets in the way. Oh I know what it was.

I remember one time when I was a body guard for the most dangerous man in the world. I didn't want to do but he was afraid so I said OK I had helped him and some of his friends to the top of mount Everest. A storm came in & I was standing guard during a storm, and this Bragger sticks his head out of the tent and starts to brag that he could stand up strait just like I was in that storm. Well he try-ed it and got blown off the mountain. Lucky for him I was able to move fast and saved him from falling by using my rope to catch him with a frozen lasso.

B) He didn't brag any more after that Them darn Braggers.

<_< I want to say something, but my mouth all-ways gets in the way. Oh I know what it was.

I remember one time when I was a body guard for the most dangerous man in the world. I didn't want to do but he was afraid so I said OK I had helped him and some of his friends to the top of mount Everest. A storm came in & I was standing guard during a storm, and this Bragger sticks his head out of the tent and starts to brag that he could stand up strait just like I was in that storm. Well he try-ed it and got blown off the mountain. Lucky for him I was able to move fast and saved him from falling by using my rope to catch him with a frozen lasso.

B) He didn't brag any more after that Them darn Braggers.

See......it's not bragging when you tell it in story form. It pays to know the rules. :roflol: :roflol:

Someone musical, perhaps. No shortage of braggarts, uh, I mean self promoters, in Nashville.

What vehicle do they drive in Nashville? I will show them a little Humility. :roflol:

Someone musical, perhaps. No shortage of braggarts, uh, I mean self promoters, in Nashville.

What vehicle do they drive in Nashville? I will show them a little Humility. :roflol:

Make sure you take your dog. As delusional as this guy is he has to be on something!!! :roflol:

What do you think about having your classifications and every major win you have written on the bottom of every post?

I don't know... this one I don't mind so much. If you earned it flaunt it.

It's the people that make stuff up, or exaggerate stuff, and then brag about it that tick me off.

Frank

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it!"

You'll find this line on Benny Hill's Dealer Forum banner...... :D

Kurt may not be old enough to remember Ty Cobb, but I am and maybe so is Benny...not sure... :roflol:

Why does everyone think I am 30 years old and have perfect eye-sight?? Hell If I felt like this when I was 30 I would have quit back then! NO these glasses aren't that thick for SAFETY :roflol:

Jammie can quote Sacraties...does that mean you knew him Jammie? You best bring your scattergun and I will see you in a couple of weeks