Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RO recertification question

sci

I recieved a post card yesterday telling me its time to take the online recert test so i set down ready to take it and cant seem to find where it is :surprise:

i looked in the classification record and its not there i checked profile managment not there either any one know where it hidden??

Steve

TY54959

Edited by sci

Go to the USPSA home page and put your member # in the classification look up feature. There will be a box at the top of your classification page. Put in your PIN and take the test. You can save your work as you go, but you only get three trys to pass the test.

I just did it. If I can do it any monkey can.

Go to the USPSA home page and put your member # in the classification look up feature. There will be a box at the top of your classification page. Put in your PIN and take the test. You can save your work as you go, but you only get three trys to pass the test.

I just did it. If I can do it any monkey can.

Ok i just looked again and its NOT there maybe they havent got it linked to my page yet

Steve

TY54959

HQ got the postcards a out just a bit early. The system was coded to make the exams available starting 30 days before your certification expired, however, the notification included people expiring at the end of march (about 32 days from now)

I have changed that limit to 45 days so these people should now be able to see their exams.

Rob,

Is there an expiration date for the on-line exam? The button was there a few weeks ago. When I returned to take the test it was gone.

Thanks,

CB

Never mind, I procrastinated long enough that I get the extended exam (shoulda read the NROI page b4 I posted)

Edited by Blockhead

Long and often heated discussion regarding this over on USPSA Forums.

Long to short, System changed. Some people didn't get post cards, didn't check the web, lapsed and now upset they have a 50 question test or in some cases have to retake the class.

Read it over there. I won't go into great detail here. Suffice to say there are multiple sides to this and no one is going to be happy. Probably happens every year, but the spotlight is now shinning since the change over to the online re-cert test. That change is getting the blame for people missing the cut off dates. I would bet that a like number of people will have been dropped in any year, ma=be a few more this year for two reasons, one the change probably did screw up some people and the economic situation has peple paying more attention to other things than an expensive and time consuming hobby.

Jim

I don't have anybody to blame but myself for taking the long exam. I knew I was expiring in July and I just took too much advantage of the 6 months of slack allowed. Got my "long" test today via e-mail. It looks a lot like the one I originally passed in the seminar.

I don't mean to pick a fight with anybody, but it just ain't that big a deal.

• 1 month later...

Sorry about bringing this back to the top but........Got the post card to get busy and recert for NROI. Go to the USPSA website and put in my member number and at the top i get..... "No on-line exam is available since the RO certification expired more than 180 days ago"..... a few lines down it tells me that my RO cert wont expire until 5/31/09. I'm in the 45 day window. Now what? Should I call for the hard copy?

HELP....anyone....Buler

Alan S

A34544

Sorry about bringing this back to the top but........Got the post card to get busy and recert for NROI. Go to the USPSA website and put in my member number and at the top i get..... "No on-line exam is available since the RO certification expired more than 180 days ago"..... a few lines down it tells me that my RO cert wont expire until 5/31/09. I'm in the 45 day window. Now what? Should I call for the hard copy?

HELP....anyone....Buler

Alan S

A34544

Hi Alan,

We had a hiccup last night and the system went down for a little bit. It's all better now. If you check your classification page you'll see it's there now.

Thanks for your patience!

Kim Williams

NROI Coordinator

I don't think you need wait for a post card. If you are due to re-cert. it should be in the system.

You pin # is on the mailing label on the cover of your Front Sight magazine.

Once you sign in with it, I believe you can even change it to password of your choosing.

Either way...sign in to the USPSA site and when you pull up your own classifiers, the test (link) should be on there.

(I think...I may have the details off a bit?)

The exams are posted to your classification page 45 days before you're due to expire and it stays there until six months after your expiration date. You should receive a post card about 30 days prior to expiration and that post card will include your PIN, in case you don't have an issue of Front Sight handy and don't have a personal password as backup. The post office is imperfect, however, as are we. So, if your card doesn't arrive you can still go online and take the exam up to 45 days prior to and six months after your expiration date. If you don't get your post card and can't find a PIN then feel free to email or call us and we'll happily provide it for you.

There are kinks to work out, as with any new system, but we're getting there and it's proven to be a money and time saving benefit, overall.

Thanks for your patience and please don't hesitate to let me know if I can be of assistance. I'm here to help.

Kim Williams

NROI Coordinator

kim@uspsa.org

360-855-2245

What's the normal time to get notified of your CRO exam? I submitted my test in Feb. I had to make a minor change on one of my course designs. I emailed my instructor wondering where I stood. I was told every thing looked good. I've heard nothing since.

Does one get notified of results?