Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Topton 3 Spring Multigun

:cheers: Attention 3 gunners

Topton will be holding the annual spring 3 gun event the 3rd sunday in April.

The match will consist of 6 stages, I plan to use at least 2 guns on each stage

Entry fee will be $60.00

Last time I paid back about $2000.00

I AM ONLY TAKING 50 SHOOTERS

This will be a good warm up for the West Point match the next weekend, and the Area 8 multigun we are holding in June.

You must register: to do this email me from the topton web page.

toptonfga.org

tapsmd@toptonfga.org

email me the following

name

address

uspsa #

phone

division I am only running tac ops, heavy metal optics, and irons

When I get the email I will email you that you are in the match and then you will send a check.

If I don't get the check within 10 days of me sending your confirmation email I will take you off the list.

thanks,

Dean

Edited by 45shooter

yeah you were right, i gues I should know my own email address. sorry for any confusion

glad to say after less than 24 hours I have 13 confirmed entries get them in quick

thanks guys.

by the way

there will be some devious stuff on the 200 yard range, but it will help you prepare for upcoming matches.

I am also going to try and make it a more physical match kinda like the bigger matches we are all used to shooting so we cna use this as a warm up for some bigger stuff. nothign out of han, but more than just the regular spray and pray.

• 1 month later...
Guys,

anyone interested please get me your info, it has only been posted 5 days and I only have 18 slots left.

look forward to seeing you all there.

dean

Dean do you have around count ?

Also do we need slugs or just birdshot and is there a power factor for pistol?

Thanks,

Robb

Guys,

anyone interested please get me your info, it has only been posted 5 days and I only have 18 slots left.

look forward to seeing you all there.

dean

Dean do you have around count ?

Also do we need slugs or just birdshot and is there a power factor for pistol?

Thanks,

Robb

wer were sent an email.

15-25 slugs

125 birdshot

140 rifle

50 pistol

IF I recall correctly. I don't have email acess atm.

• 2 weeks later...

Today was a great day at a very nice place. What made it so great?

It was the very good stages, built by good hard working (or is that playing) shooters who were friendly and know how to put together a challenging match that ran smoothy.

Two thumbs up!

George

That guy shooting iron sights

Team VA Arms (Brett, Robb and Dan) had a lot of fun, great match and very challenging. :cheers:

I did notice at least on our squad that the rules enforcement was pretty laissez-faire, one particular member of our squad had 3 procedure rules violations that weren't enforced (not dropping rifle mag on the pistol/rifle stage, loading chamber outside the tunnel, shooting outside of the shooting area on the shotgun/rifle stage)..... not good at a money match.

Edited by gotm4

There were a couple scoring items that might have been addressed better in the written briefs. This is true of most matches of this type, and not a knock at Dean and his crew. I know I've had similar issues at matches we've put on.

On a time out, is there a FTE. Since you are out of time the targets essentially are no longer available. You should get the miss, but the FTE?

What about deciding on a COF that certain targets are not worth more time. in other words, you've shoot at all the targets, but decide to stop after taking 5 misses, you have not timed out, in fact you may well have a really good time, you roll into a position and take sufficient shots to engage the targets, the spotter sees each miss near a target, you then stop with 60 seconds remaining on the clock, You didn't get the hits, you take the misses, but another competitor makes a longer attempt to hit the 5 targets, you both have 20 of 25, but one of you has a significantly shorter time.

Haven't checked the USPSA Multi-gun rules, but there should be a specified way to handle the first instance if not the second. If the clock is running, perhaps the shooters that decide that 5 quick shots at hard targets is sufficient, should be recorded as Time-Outs? This is a situation that has arisen at many matches and needs a solution so that a stage can't be gamed in a manner that is outside of a shooting solution.

I would like to see this spelled out in some manner that addresses this.

This said, It was a hell of a match, a good warm-up for the season, lots of interesting stages and some really good shooting challenges. Dean and crew did a good job building it and had all their volunteers showed up, they would have likely had fewer of the few problems they did.

I know I will be building some practice stages that duplicate a few of the challenges presented at this match. It showed me a few of my weak points.

Jim

I had a great time. Dean and crew put on a challenging match. This was the first true multi-gun match that I have shot and it was a blast. All the little rules stuff will work out as the sport matures.

Brett

Brett you are lucky I had to work cause I would have whipped your ARSE!!!!!!!

Hopefully I can make it to next years

Smith

Edited by NovaShooter