Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MacBook Pro

BigDave

I'm looking to retire my 2003 iBook G4 and replace it with a new MacBook Pro. I've been very happy with the current machine in terms of overall stability, but it is just too damn slow and there is a ton of stuff I'd like to do (Photoshop CS4, Dreamweaver, Aperture, etc.) that just isn't possible.

Does anyone here have one of the current production models with the dual speed (94/9600) graphics cards? How does it compare with the prior version (8600)? Has anyone purchased a refurbished machine? I have a co-worker who has purchased several and swears by it.

TIA

I just got one for work and really have been impressed. I use VMWare for winapps --- and most heavy lifting on the Apple side...CS4 and Final Cut Pro suite. Switching between the two is very fast and simple.

No hardware issues yet at all.

Mine is the 15" with 4 GB ram.

Good luck!

I like the previous model MBP with the matte screen and the silver matching keyboard. I also have firewire 400/800 which the new one doesn't have.

The new MBP has the new display port so you can attach their new 24 inch monitor.

I don't care for the glossy screens especially when watching movies. Tell me this how many LDC HD TV's have a glossy finish? Not many, the plasma tv's did but they are on their way out.