Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheap Luggage

GIO

Kinda like cheap guns...Cheap luggage is great until you have to use it. I did the cheapo luggage deal thinking I don't travel much....bad move. Broken zippers, crappy handles....AHHHHHHH.

Anyway...buy good stuff it is worth it

Kinda like cheap guns...Cheap luggage is great until you have to use it. I did the cheapo luggage deal thinking I don't travel much....bad move. Broken zippers, crappy handles....AHHHHHHH.

Anyway...buy good stuff it is worth it

I save where ever I can, but I try to buy good stuff for those things which are important to me. My luggage are good because I travel a lot but especially my gun and gun gear are great because I like shooting and life is too short to waste for gunmalfunctions. :cheers:

I have a 28in Twister from Docker and my last trip to Area 2 they busted the zipper. When I try to zip the suitcase closed it opens right behind the zipper. Now I'm on the hunt for a good piece of luggage where I can put my tournament series bag along with my gun. Here is a piece I came across.

http://www.luggage.com/Rimowa-87680-JR1206.html

Post any suggestions please.

Looks nice and you can draw it. It is important factor for big airports. Makes sure it have strong wheels which won't broke when airport personnel throw it around. It is hard to draw if it loose it's wheels and heavy to carry.

TraveloPro! :cheers: I have four different sizes that I purchased in '97. They look like hell, but they are as good as the day I bought them. I've flown almost 1,000,000 miles with at least one (the smaller). :cheers:

Life is good,

A.T.

I have had good luck with Briggs and Riley. I usually fly over 100k a year and it is holding up well so far. It isn't cheap but you can't beat the warranty. They will fix any damage even if it is used by the airline.

One other tip: put something on it to make it easy to ID. Years ago, someone tried to steal my luggage - claiming it looked like theirs (turned out they didn't have any, so how could mine look like theirs?). My luggage has a large 'x' on both sides made with duct tape. Looks like hell, but it was cheap, and I can spot my luggage a mile away.

I have had good luck with Briggs and Riley. I usually fly over 100k a year and it is holding up well so far. It isn't cheap but you can't beat the warranty. They will fix any damage even if it is used by the airline.

+1. Briggs and Riley is expensive, but great stuff.

+1. Briggs and Riley is expensive, but great stuff.

+1

Good warranty comes with quality luggage. When you buy something it is usually that cheap and good comes in different deals. ;)