Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Belts: CR Speed vs. Double Alpha?

ChrisMcCracken

DAA here. As stated before pouches are a little tuff to get on but they DO NOT move around when they are set.

I also use DAA pouches, I did lose a tension nut last week. I emailed DAA on mon night and replacemnet was in the mailbox on saturday.

Saul will stand behind the product!

DAA here. As stated before pouches are a little tuff to get on but they DO NOT move around when they are set.

I also use DAA pouches, I did lose a tension nut last week. I emailed DAA on mon night and replacemnet was in the mailbox on saturday.

Saul will stand behind the product!

+1 on the DAA belt and mag pouches.

FYI to anyone looking at the belts now. I just got a new CR Speed belt from Shooter's Connection and it isn't nearly as stiff as my old CR Speed from a few years ago. Also, my new 3 week old CR Speed holster just broke this last weekend. My old one bought a few years ago is still going strong.

Overall, my impression is the the folks at CR Speed are putting out a lower quality product than they used to. I hope not. Maybe I just got a bad batch of both items.

Chris

I have 3 DA belts with a mix of Ghost holsters, CR Speed mag pouches, Blade-Tech DOHs, and Blade-Tech Tek-lock mag pouches. When I first started, I even had the factory XD holster and mag pouches squeezed on the DAA belt. Nothing has ever moved on my belts. Actually, if I ever decide to change holsters or pouches, I'll just buy a new rig, because other than the Tek-locks, it would be far more work to try to get anything off the belts.

I picked the DAA belt because that's what Midway had. When I first started at this sport, I didn't know anything about the other great vendors, such as the ones on this site. But, now that I've tried them, I don't see any reason to change.

Mac

Why is everyone's CR mag pouches moving around on their CR belts? Don't you guys use those thin little wedges that came with them? Slide them on to where you want them, drive the wedge in and they are rock solid. Then put a little velcro on the back of them so you don't have a large area without velcro between the belts. That's my experience anyway. Sorry, no experience with the double alpha belt.

Exactly what I do +1

• 1 month later...

I have the CR now and I'm considering the Double Alpha however, based on this thread the Double Alpha is larger and I'm worried it might be too wide for small people.

Do any small females have a preference?

Julie

I have the CR now and I'm considering the Double Alpha however, based on this thread the Double Alpha is larger and I'm worried it might be too wide for small people.

Do any small females have a preference?

Julie

The width of the belt is the same for both brands (1.5").

I have both. I've found the best option is the CR Speed inner belt with the DA outer belt. Since I have three separate rigs for Production, L-10 and Open I'm able to make this work.

+1 I use the CR speed inner for everything but when I'm playing 3 gun I use my DA outer belt because the extra stiffness with all that gear is NICE!