Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Revolvers in Production

Blueridge

Yes, but chances are slim that the will open up the revolver scores to see how they did against you. It's not enough to beat them, they have to know that you beat them. :D

And there is that!! :D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remind me again why we just don't shoot revolvers in revolver class?

The answer for me is that I am sometimes the only revolver shooter at a match, and until recently I could not shoot production with my revolver (Ruger Alaskan [actually no Ruger revolvers]) because it was not on the list allowed to be used in production.

I like having the choice of shooting revolver or production division, and it will be icing on the cake if I can finish higher than a number of auto shooters in their division. :D

So , if eveyone just wants more competition, or see how they rate against the autos. Just sign up in open class and equipment should be a mute point.

Actually , I am just stirring the pot a little. But let me ask a question. If I enter in Revo class and compare my HF with others,,won't that let me see how I have done against other guns, Ltd,L10, etc.???

You could compare hit factors but that will only tell you about a single stage. You would then need to see what percentage you were of the group, multipy that percentage by the points available for each contestant for each stage. Add the corresponding scores for all the stages. Later rdd

Just campaign your statistician to run the "overall match results" feature so you can figure out exactly where you stand heads-up with everybody, regardless of division. It's right there on EZ Winscore, takes no effort whatsoever to print off.

Guess why some clubs don't want to do this? I'll tell you why--it's because some people who shoot Limited and Open don't want everybody to see that they've just had their asses handed to them by somebody shooting a 6-shot revolver.

Toward the end of last year I finally had the sweet victory of finishing high overall at one of our local club matches shooting my 625. Now granted, our top gun Master-class Limited shooter wasn't there that day, and he would have surely finished ahead of me. But nevertheless, I managed to beat everybody else that day on tough USPSA field courses, despite the fact that I had to reload every six rounds and they had their big sticks, magwells, C-Mores, etc.

It was a frickin' beautiful thing!

We had our first club match last saturday and I ended up being the only revo shooter to finish.

79 shooters to start, 76 finished the match.

Overall finish.

47 Jon A55156 B Revolver Major 196.3148 39.27%

Stage 1: 39 Galde, Jon 58 B Revolver 131 10 35.49 3.4094 53.1323 33.21%

Stage 2: 50 Galde, Jon 58 B Revolver 110 0 29.30 3.7543 40.7073 33.92%

Stage 3: 56 Galde, Jon 58 B Revolver 140 20 40.18 2.9866 41.2311 25.77%

Stage 4: 19 Galde, Jon 58 B Revolver 27 0 4.28 6.3084 21.2351 60.67%

Stage 5: 28 Galde, Jon 58 B Revolver 55 0 8.06 6.8238 40.0090 66.68%

First 3 stages where long courses, last to short.

Stage 4 was paper, popper (which activated disappearing drop turner) and paper.

Stage 5 was Quicky Mart with mandatory reload.

I am happy with my overall finish, had to give up a lot on long stages due to standing reloads (the mikes didn't help either).

Seems like in Production a bobbed (or Carmonized) hammmer and maybe a cylinder release (standard revolver stuff) are probably illegal.

In Limited 10 a 627 has to shoot minor being sub .40 cal. Same for Limited.

Not exactly a friendly environment for an 8 shot revolver.

Did anyone come up with a definitive answer on all our regular add on's and doo-dads? (bobbed hammers, Big Butt grips, oversized releases)

Is you normal "revolver class" revolver legal for production, or would you need to strip it down to stock?