Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The absolute 1st priority is safety, and it falls on the person in control of the trigger FIRST. An open class gun informs you if your ears are out of position RIGHT NOW. Any shots after the 1st is a choice made by the shooter. I'm do not know if the incident I saw is the same. The shooter I witnessed slipped on the ramp regained his footing with out violation of rule and continued. The ears coming loose was not apparent, after the "Clear" the shooter said he turned his head quickly at the end of the hall and his ears rotated on his head. The RO said she saw his head movement, but was not aware of the ears coming loose and agreed to a reshoot. I did not hear any crowd imput, or saw any indication of a problem with the shooter’s equipment. I was on deck and had the 2 or 3rd best view, and was watching the shooter closely for tips.

Benefit to the shooter was followed by the RO. Great job.

The shooter was polite and presented his case properly.

All was handled in the spirit of the game.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a different situation. This person ended up flat on his back. He actually did pause to look at the RO and she didn't do anything. He wasn't that confident about knowing the rule and didn't want to take the chance at zeroing the stage. If it happened to myself, I would have stopped right away. After unloading and showing clear I would ask the RO why I wasn't stopped and inform the RO that I will get a re-shoot. There would be no harm done. I have never nor will I ever shoot a round through my open gun without hearing protection on.

Some of the shooters out there are not that knowledgeable about the rulebook. So even though it was a choice for the shooter to continue, it should not have happened.

On another note, what was everyones favorite and least favorite stage?

It's tough for me to pick a favorite. I enjoyed all 3 desert wash courses and I also enjoyed stage 1. The only one I didn't care for was stage 8 (didn't feel smooth, a lot of stop... aim... shoot... move... stop... aim... shoot).