Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you aren't complaining about the stages :wacko:

This match is unique due to the desert wash courses that they have every year. They do a great job every year with the stages. This sport is taking a more athletic approach giving an advantage to athletes with shooting skills. There is always Bianchi Cup and Steel Challenge for stand and shoot types.

TDean,

Thanks for posting a link to the stages. :D

I don't know what the hell is going on with my web host.

First, my forums display was all screwed up, I uploaded a back-up, no fix.

Complained to web host, they fixed it but didn't say what problem was. Lost last 23 posts.

Second, then the whole website went down.

Complained to web host, they fixed it but didn't say what problem was.

Third, exceeded my bandwidth. I was just about to upgrade for more bandwidth. I was at 4.89 Gb of a max of 5 Gb and before I could upgrade, they shut me down.

Fourth, Upgraded my package - web site and forums working fine at 3pm today. 25 GB bandwidth per month now. :P

I get home at 5pm and forums don't display. I get this error message:

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

Go to CPanel, can't access phpMySql - Says my username and password are incorrect. :angry: (I haven't changed anything - its the same username and passord that I use to access the CPanel.

Fifth: Complained to web host - waiting for response.

If anybody has any ideas - I'm listening.

How do you spell f r u s t r a t e d !!!

dvc

Jerry

Jerry... A big THANK YOU for your diligence in posting the stages for the A2Match. Computers and web sites are GREAT... as long as they keep working. It's so frustrating when you can't get to where you're goin'.

Soo.... when will YOU come down to AZ to shoot our match? I'm waiting... I'm sure that the Mrs. would love to shop 5th Ave in Scottsdale - or maybe even shoot along beside you??? Maybe next year???

Thanks!

A2Chic

p.s. - those of you on the waiting list... I've filled 17 slots from the waiting list - looks like we'll still be over 400 shooters this year. :-)

Jerry,

Thanks for the big efforts! We all really appreciate it! Sounds like time for a new provider. What about those GunMuse guys USPSA is using? For that matter, what about the service benos is using? The service you have been using always did seem a bit sluggish compared to others. Hell, if you have DSL or cable modem, you could find yourself a Linux geek and host it at home! :)

DVC,

Chuck

AZ Stats Chic,

You're Welcome!!

I do my best to keep the site up to date and get stuff posted right away. Yes, these computers can be very frustrating as hell, but I keep coming back. :rolleyes:

I would love to come to AZ to shoot the Area 2 Championship match, but with me it's always no time and less money. I'll definitely keep it in mind and come next year if we can - yes, I'm sure the wife would love to come too (but she doesn't shoot, except our last .22 Steel match, which she liked).

---------

Chuck S,

Appreciate your nice comments.

You might be right about a new service, but I do have some features I would have to pay more for (like SLL for my forms). Sometimes my web host is slow in responding and sometimes fast. Like the last two problems, they responded in 2 hrs & 20 minutes and problems fixed.

I do have a cable modem, biggest problem with hosting myself would be having to leave a computer on 24/7 and there is too much I don't know about it (UNIX).

I'll still check out GunMuse.

Do you now which service benos uses?

Thanks again.

dvc

Jerry

lynn jones,

Thanks for the offer to host the stage layouts.

If I keep having problems, I'll definitely contact you.

One of the reasons my website might be a little slow is that I have some of my web pages too big, increases load time. I need to do some cutting down - but that just means more links.

Like the Area 2 Stage layouts, that is 20 .gif files on one page. I could break it into 4 or 5 pages or use links to the gifs, but that would just be lots more clicking and I don't like doing that myself, so I figure most other people don't either.

--------------

Yep, Stage 3 does look like some kind of optical illusion. Bet that was hard to draw.

---------------

Sent you an e-mail from here.

dvc

Jerry