Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lone Wolf ported barrel in G34

TFin04

Anybody run one? Considering the ported version designed to work with the factory slide cut out (not the extended version with ports that go past the slide length).

I've got one for my Glock 19 that I bought to shoot lead through. Runs 100% on my reloads, but will not reliably feed factory ammo. It's been a love/hate relationship so far.

I was going to buy the solid version then saw they made a ported one. Thoughts?

Sorry, forgot what forum I was on. I probably should have prefaced this that it would not be used in IPSC/USPSA/IDPA. Just wondering if anybody uses them for other competition or training circles, or just shooting on their own.

The 4-6 ports will not be enough to be competitive in Open shooting 9mm major. A 3 port comp really is needed for that.

For putzing around...go for it. Or just buy Taylor Freelance basepads and shoot iron sighted non-comped minor ;)

It's fun.

I'm using this two port extended LWD barrel in my Glock. It's something I've just built for fun to run in IPSC Open division.

It's in 357SIG (didn't want to run 9mm major and local laws prohibit anything over .38 calibre) and I've only put a few hundred rounds through it so far but it's been pretty impressive. It feeds reliably if the ammo is good (I've had a couple dud rounds that were misshapen) and it shoots tight groups if I do my job right.

The only comp stuff I've done with it so far is in a local club match but I ran head to head with the STI/SVI guys and that's before I put the Firepoint on top. This weekend though I'm taking it in the local state championship which will be interesting because Brodie McIntosh (one of the top guys in the world) should be there. I'll be going in ungraded but I shoot A grade in Production division so I'll be looking for at least a B grade in Open.

At the end of the day though I'm a Production shooter so this is just for fun.

I don't agree with the, "You need A + B & C to be competitive" theory. I've been told by the local guys that a Glock can't be competitive in Open division but I proved last weekend that was not the case. A few of us Glockophiles have put together an Open Glock team to have some fun at this match. It'll be very interesting to see how we go.

As for the rest of the gun it runs a LWD slide, Glockmeister reduced power firing pin spring, Glockmeister magwell, Lightning Strike baseplates, ISMI uncapture guiderod and 13lb spring, some kind of trigger with an over travel stop, 3.5# connector, extended mag release and an old Firepoint sight that I've just dropped on in a hurry. Later I might fit a Trijicon or J-point though.

The frame was a brand new bare frame bought straight from the local Glock distributor. I'm in Australia, not the US.

post-12292-1234479258_thumb.jpg

post-12292-1234479281_thumb.jpg

post-12292-1234479298_thumb.jpg

post-12292-1234479309_thumb.jpg

post-12292-1234479328_thumb.jpg

Thats a sweet rig.

Thanks, it works OK so far but I had a few problems on the weekend that I'll try and sort out before i take it to a big match again.

I can't say I'd recommend a firepoint/optima/j-point/trijicon slide ride sight to anyone at this stage. I had quite a few issues with it from the mounting plate coming loose to the sight itself coming loose. We ended up using loctite on everything to keep it still. Maybe the 357SIG is too much for it. <_<

At the moment I'm debating whether to go Docter or Pride Fowler... or to go to a C-more mount. The only issue is that I don't like any of the C-more mounts.

Had a couple other annoying things I'd like to fix too. It needs a bigger mag release and a slide racker for a start, I was using a 9mm extractor too and it failed to extract twice during the match so I've finally got myself a proper 40cal extractor.

Also had some issues with tumbling rounds, it seem the 160gn pills are having problems. I thought i had fixed it but it seems not.

With all the issues I had I didn't manage a B grade score, only managed C grade. First time in Open division and it was graded against Brodie McIntosh so I guess it's not all bad. Best stage score was a 76% and I know I could have bettered that while the worst stage score was 4.67% when I switched to some unknown ammo for a stage to see if it would be better - it wasn't. :angry2: I ended up with two wild misses because the rounds were hitting nowhere near the point of aim.

Oh well, they say you can never expect a gun to run smoothly first time out.