Honoring A Bet

Ms. Kitty

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just so I understand the rules, could I get some clarification... is Sandra offering hugs to all scruffy looking men in Clemson t-shirts, or does there have to be some sort of "bet" involved for it to count?

Depends on who is wearing the shirt :D But for you John, I'll always reserve a hug. I was so TICKLED Jack actually wore the shirt that I dropped my gun bag in total surprise. And here I was worried that a USC fan (a/k/a Univeristy of Silly Chickens) wouldn't go through with his end of the bet...Nothing but luv for my friend JS!

Well Jack,

For 2010 make sure you make a bet that does not impact you so personally. Like maybe, If Clemson wins the shirts for the SC State Match will be "Pride of South Carolina" Orange vs "Scared Chicken" Red!

And Now, the song that shakes the southland .... Tiger Rag!

Just an update for those interested - I am still wearing the shirt. Trying to work something out for Contingency matches.

Thinking about next year, though. Perhaps the loser would have to hang a flag on their house for the duration of the year?

As for the pm'ers that have chimed in......You all are welcome to "Man-up" and join in the fun next year... :devil::devil:

Just an update for those interested - I am still wearing the shirt. Trying to work something out for Contingency matches.

Thinking about next year, though. Perhaps the loser would have to hang a flag on their house for the duration of the year?

As for the pm'ers that have chimed in......You all are welcome to "Man-up" and join in the fun next year... :devil::devil:

Hmmm. . .

Posted a note on another thread, but it bears repeating here:

Some us have better sense than to make bets that involve events we cannot control. You will recall that my bets with you are all about how quickly I will get something done, or other events I can influence. I know better than to bet on the vagaries of a college sports team.

And in any battle with Ms Kitty, you are at a serious disadvantage. The woman is delightfully devious! She makes me proud.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

I will have to say that I did go to the store to find/buy Clemson Shoe Strings and the cute little headband ears for to be worn, but lucky for Jack and John, they were out!

The real question is, for those matches I don't make, do they really wear the shirts? For instance, I wasn't at last month's Steel Challenge. Was the great Tiger Team present?! <_<

However, please keep in mind, John is spanking people when he wears this shirt. Perhaps his mother is correct, this could be the school for him :surprise:

Hmmm. . .

Some us have better sense than to make bets that involve events we cannot control. You will recall that my bets with you are all about how quickly I will get something done, or other events I can influence. I know better than to bet on the vagaries of a college sports team.

And in any battle with Ms Kitty, you are at a serious disadvantage. The woman is delightfully devious! She makes me proud.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Linda: Learning from the best! Keep teaching and I will be your sponge :cheers:

I will have to say that I did go to the store to find/buy Clemson Shoe Strings and the cute little headband ears for to be worn, but lucky for Jack and John, they were out!

The real question is, for those matches I don't make, do they really wear the shirts? For instance, I wasn't at last month's Steel Challenge. Was the great Tiger Team present?! <_<

However, please keep in mind, John is spanking people when he wears this shirt. Perhaps his mother is correct, this could be the school for him :surprise:

Some clarification here:

1. The bet was for shirts...no ears, shoe strings, etc. So, that idea would not have gone anywhere. <_< Sorry...However, you could wear them to show support for your team.... :devil:

2. It was not specified "which" matches the shirts would be worn (Steel Challenge/USPSA). Since the past bets only covered USPSA matches, my interpretation/understanding is that the bet was only for USPSA matches - not Steel Challenge matches.

2. It was not specified "which" matches the shirts would be worn (Steel Challenge/USPSA). Since the past bets only covered USPSA matches, my interpretation/understanding is that the bet was only for USPSA matches - not Steel Challenge matches.

Did USPSA not buy the Steel Challenge? :sight:

OK Jack. I will take my pride in my hands. It looks like the REBELS will be playing the cocks this year. What can you afford to lose? Bear in mind, Ms Kitty is lurking in the shadows.

PAT

• 1 month later...

OK...so Mr. Suber was given a "buy" for all contingency matches-he doesn't have to wear the shirt...However, we went to Area 6 and Jack took some good-hearted chiding from some of his fellow shooters and true to his word, he wore the beautiful orange shirt!

So off to AL Section we go...Stage 1 was absolutely wonderful....we giggled at the bright orange sand bags with "sayings" on them! Thank you Match Director for giving us a great laugh...you all did a great job :cheers:

Hmmm. . .

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Words of wisdom.

:cheers:

• 3 months later...