Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Challenge

JThompson

Aww hell.... ummm... Ashley Judd :cheers:

Your not gonna trick me on the Star Trek questions... I had a misspent youth... (Actually... this just happens to be one of my favorite episodes)

Try this one...

1. Who played Dathon (the alien on the planet with Picard)?

2. What other role did he play in the Star Trek Universe...

Same to you... no google. :cheers:

Frank

Edited by Franklin D Wolverton

Aww hell.... ummm... Ashley Judd :cheers:

Your not gonna trick me on the Star Trek questions... I had a misspent youth... (Actually... this just happens to be one of my favorite episodes)

Try this one...

1. Who played Dathon (the alien on the planet with Picard)?

2. What other role did he play in the Star Trek Universe...

Same to you... no google. :cheers:

Frank

Winfield.... He also played a captain or admiral in "The Wrath of Khan." I don't remember which or what his character's name was.

[

Wait until we come up with a Star Trek themed match for the 2010 area 5 match... :devil:

Is that a prediction for 2010 or do you want to share some more info with the rest of the class ;)

Tom

And I am with Howard on this one, you Star Trek people scare me as well.

Edited by Tom Mainus

[

Wait until we come up with a Star Trek themed match for the 2010 area 5 match... :devil:

Is that a prediction for 2010 or do you want to share some more info with the rest of the class ;)

Tom

And I am with Howard on this one, you Star Trek people scare me as well.

Prediction (actually... wishful thinking)... no info to share at this time.

Wanna talk about scary Star Trek people? How's this.

What would a phaser's PF be...

Assuming a phaser beam is 1 inch wide by 1/4 inch thick, and a 1/10000th of a second blast would be 18.6 miles long, this is a resonance area of 294624 cubic inches, or 170.5 cubic feet.

Lets assume that a phaser beam consists of charged photons (Hydrogen atoms minus their electron). Hydrogen at normal pressure weights .52lbs per 100 cubic feet. Take the electron weight out of there, and we end up with about .515lbs per 100 cubic feet.

This gives us a total projectile weight of .515 x 170.5 / 100 = 0.878 lbs or 6146 grains

Now... the speed of light is roughly 186,000 miles per second - or 2,232,000 feet per second

So taking our formula of MV*BW/1000 = PF we get...

2,232,000 * 6146 / 1000

Or a power factor of 13,717,872

I'd say that makes major...

:roflol:

Frank

If I remember correctly... didn't James Doohan lose a finger during WWII? I think I read that in his biography.

Frank

Yup... He was shot like 6 times a few on the leg and one through the finger... He was hit in the chest, but it was stopped by a silver cigarette case!! All the times you see that shit in movies and it actually happened to him... saved by his smokes!