Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Nationals slots

gose

My surprise was that Nats class winners don't get slots for the next year, yet 1st and 2nd place in class from Area and similar matches do (please correct me if I'm wrong, I get confused easily). I'm kind of curious if anyone knows of a reason for that.

Slot policy here => http://www.uspsa-nationals.org look in right side margin.

Thanks, I've read that.

High lady, High junior, and Top 16 overall (provided enough competitors) from the Nats get automatic slots for the next year, yet Area and some Level III matches award slots from a much broader range, like 1st and 2nd in M-D class, Senior, Super Senior, etc. Wouldn't the Nats be divided up the same way as Area and other Level IIIs? :wacko:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I won A Class Open at the Area 6 match in '07 and I thought it was smoooooooth sailin' into a guaranteed slot for the Nats in '08. Boy was I mistaken. Seems that since I am from Area 5, I am exempt from winning a slot from any of the 7 other areas.

I know there's a little bit of "fairness" in that logic somewhere, but I also think there's a little bit of "WTF-NESS" going on there too. :huh:<_<

Yeah I won A Class Open at the Area 6 match in '07 and I thought it was smoooooooth sailin' into a guaranteed slot for the Nats in '08. Boy was I mistaken. Seems that since I am from Area 5, I am exempt from winning a slot from any of the 7 other areas.

I know there's a little bit of "fairness" in that logic somewhere, but I also think there's a little bit of "WTF-NESS" going on there too. :huh:<_<

I understand your WTF-ness. At least you have a reason, high A Open from Tulsa here and I don't have a guaranteed slot. I'm a little cranky about it and I know it is probable that I get one through my section or the waiting list, but I just like earning things. 2nd place at your Area match gets it but 1st at the Nats doesn't, just doesn't compute for me.

Edited by GTOSHootr

No one, however, is stopping you from winning your class at A5 and nailing the associated slot to the Nats......

Wining outside your area is similar to wining the USPSA Open Nationals and not being named National Champion. Why? You are not from that Area and as such are not eligible for 'the prize' which amounts to a $25 discount to the Nationals. Whoopee! It does get you a slot, which is good, and this year may be important as Vegas is allegedly a Destination Match meaning that a lot of people will be vying for slots.

As for Class winners at the Nationals not receiving a slot. That I think is wrong. I would also like to see top 16 done away with. Especially since there are now 6 divisions and only two award this, the rest are top 8 if there are enough to justify even that. Similarly we can't have a National Champion under our current system. We can have up to 6 National Champions and arguably as few as four. If we wanted to actually have a National Champion, we need to have match where every shooter shoots all 6 divisions and the winner is the real top dog. Make it 24 or 30 stages and 4 or 5 per gun. Could be set up as small as 6 stages and shoot them all 6 times. It would depend on how many people we had at the match.

But I digress.

Me, I am less than likely to go to Vegas. Same week as the CTI match. Bummer, casue a=I would have liked to do both. but according to the USPSA website, the dates are only provisional so who knows, we could see a new date next week.

Jim

Wining outside your area is similar to wining the USPSA Open Nationals and not being named National Champion. Why? You are not from that Area and as such are not eligible for 'the prize' which amounts to a $25 discount to the Nationals. Whoopee! It does get you a slot, which is good, and this year may be important as Vegas is allegedly a Destination Match meaning that a lot of people will be vying for slots.

No Jim, it does NOT get you a slot. I won A Class in Open at the Area 6 match and I didnt get a slot to Nats. Discount or otherwise.

Whoo Hoo, Yippee and all that. Just got off the phone and I have a slot to the Limited Nationals. The slot could only have come about because I was High Super Senior at last year's Area 1. I am pumped, it's the first slot that I've earned since the 1988 Nationals.

Also just got back from a colon exam and everything was fine there. So two types of good news today.

I and Blue Dot will enjoy the drive to and from the match.