Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Custom S&W revolver front and rear sights-LOCKED DUE TO LENGTH

Protocall Design

Hi Corey-

I didn't get a PM or PayPal. You might want to check the email address you sent to.

I responded to your PM on 4.26.12 and used the paypal email you gave me - I have the paypal receipt to 'Protocol' 41C860254B392150C. I'm not concerned - I'm sure you will get it sorted out.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This a late post to this ...

I have fiber optic front and rear sights on my S&W models 617 and 610. Red, Green, Red. They make my accuracy in practice (617 + 610) and my competition (610) in IPSC / USPSA very much stronger than steel sights. I highly recommend them. While there are several on the market these are the ones I use:

http://www.cylinder-slide.com/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=prodshow&ref=CS0401SET

Stay safe and have fun

Brian

Hi Brian-

I'm glad you like them. I'm the inventor and maker of those. I have green/orange/green on all my iron sight guns. The colors are a matter of personal preference. Everyone's eyes are different. Each person should use the ones that work best for them. I also invented the extended firing pin that Apex and others are now copying. Best Regards - Warren

Edited by Toolguy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Warren;

I have a M-66 No Dash that is driving me nuts. At 50 feet all shots are 6-8 inches low when shooting 357, 158 grain bullets. I need a shorter front sight because the rear sight is about a turn away from being at it's highest point. No more room to raise it! I understand a common problem with both the M-66 and M-19 with 357 mag ammo.

I don't have the pistol in front of me now but it is all stock and I believe the front sight height is .250. Do you have any .200 all black pinned sights left that I could purchase? I just need one.

Thanks for your time.

Virgil

I will be home in about an hour so I can measure the sight then. Am I correct in thinking that the .125 width is standard for S&W ?

Can you give me information on your Pay Pal so that I can get the $$ to you?

Thank you

Virgil

I'm home and measured the height of my front sight on my 66 No Dash. It is .210. Do you think that going to a .200 will get the rear sight down enough so I don't have to worry about shooting loose the rear sight. Right now there is only about 2 threads holding on the rear sight elevation screw and it's still about 6-8 inches low at 50 FEET. The gun is a M-66 No Dash with a 4 inch barrel. It shoots this low with mild 357's loaded with 173 grain bullets at about 1000 fps. Shoots even lower with 158 grainers at the same fps.

I guess I could always buy a sight and then file it down but really don't want to do that. The other option besides replacing the rear sight blade with a taller one is to buy a complete sight (front and rear) from you. If I do buy the complete set can I be assured that the POA and POI will be close enough that I still have some usable adjustments left both up and down?

I have had many S&W's K frames and N and J's but this is the first time I ran into this problem.

Thanks

Virgil

No - .010 will not be enough to help. You need a taller rear blade. It is possible that the blade in there now is very low and not the correct one. The tallest standard blade is .160, measured from the top of the blade to the bottom of the groove it runs in. The shortest one is .090 with several steps in between. It may be that the sight has been changed or was just the wrong one from the factory. I have several rear blades. I can send you one or you can send me the rear sight assy. and I can change it out for you. The place to start is what one do you have now?

Warren;

The one I have now is the .146 blade. I didn't think that .010 would make much difference in front sight height. I have to go away on business for a few days but I'll take this up with you when I return. The M-66 is a nice gun I just have to get it shooting to the same zip code as I'm aiming.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Warren,

I'd like to try a f/o front sight and hope you can help. I have a 627 in .38 super with the 5.5 inch barrel. I have an SDM gold bead front sight on it now. I had liked it well enough but i put a weigand .140 rear sight on and now i can't see the whole bead which my eye doesn't like. So good time to switch to something new. By my measure, the SDM sight is @ .210, so i assume the .250 sight would do the trick. With the .140 rear, i'm comfortable with the .125 width front but are there different sized f/o rods? I'd like the thinner 1 mm rod if i can, in red. And my PC gun is a pin in sight.

So in summary, if this is right, and available, - .250 pin in, .125 width, 1mm f/o in red. I don't do pay pal but i can call with a CC or send you a check, whichever is easier.

thank you,

mike

Hi Mike-

I have some like you want in stock. If you like, we can do a CC by phone and get it headed your way. While we are on the phone you can give me your shipping address so I know where to send it.

Best Regards - Warren

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2012 at 8:11 PM, NOSAJ19 said:
On 10/27/2012 at 10:28 AM, Toolguy said:

Hi Ando-

Your order is duly noted. I will need a more exact address and a method of payment. Thanks for the order!

Best Regards - Warren

CC, paypal? You choose.

I'll PM you my address.

Cheers, Ando.

PayPal would be good.

Edited by Toolguy

Hi Crutch85-

My rear is a little taller than the factory sight in order to get a deeper notch. I would recommend a .300 tall front. If you need the .250, you can exchange it. Did you want the .100 wide front or the .125? Also a shipping address and method of payment.

Thanks - Warren