Top Posters In This Topic

Warren,

I would like to order:

1 red FO, .250x.100, Classic

Check or Money Order OK

Thanks,

Scott

Hi Scott -

A check or money order will be fine. Tell me your address and I'll get one headed your way.

Best Regards - Warren

Hello: I need a narrow front sight for my 625-6 5". I just installed a Weigand rear blade and need a new front sight. The one that is on there now is 0.277" tall and the rear blade is bottomed out. So I am thinking a 0.300" high front and that should bring the rear up allowing some adjustment. It needs to be a pin in model with a green fiber insert(0.040" fiber) and a 0.100" wide blade. Am I correct on the height? Let me know so I can get it ordered :cheers: Thanks, Eric

• 1 month later...

I wonder how much demand there would be for a fiber optic or a good post type sight for fixed sight S&W revolvers. The front sight in my avatar is a cut down SDM. It is about .150" tall. There are a bunch of the newer J-Frames that have a pinned front sight with no good replacement sight on the market that I am aware of.

There are some Model 10s showing up at IDPA matches plus the self defense market might be a place for sales. :) It seems like there is a lot of talk on some of the self defense forums about how to get a good front sight on a J-Frame.

I think you have answered this before but I could not find it. Can you give a little more detail and some pics on your front sight installation for what looks like your Mod 13? I have a Mod 64 that I would like to modify this way.

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking for the area to order and pay with paypal. I need a green f/o .300 tall classic style front sight for my n frame 610. I presently am using a .125" wide .250" tall f/o sight with a LPA rear sight. Works fine but a narrower front sight would be great. I also have the LPA rear sight adjusted about as low as it will go to accommodate the .250 front.

On 5/16/2011 at 9:13 PM, ohsevenflhx said:

I am looking for the area to order and pay with paypal. I need a green f/o .300 tall classic style front sight for my n frame 610. I presently am using a .125" wide .250" tall f/o sight with a LPA rear sight. Works fine but a narrower front sight would be great. I also have the LPA rear sight adjusted about as low as it will go to accommodate the .250 front.

Send me a paypal, I'll send you a sight! :cheers:

Edited by Toolguy

• 1 month later...

I would like 3 of the .300 pin ons in red and one dove tail .300 in red also. I will paypal you right now.

Thanks!

Hi Stlhead

Your sights shipped today. Thanks for the order!(Please add $5 for shipping next time).

Best Regards - Warren

• 3 weeks later...

Warren,

I know the 617 standard front is a little different. I want a black front that will work with my Weigand rear blade - currently bottomed out and barely zeroed. Is .200" the height I am wanting? I am ready to order.

Lee

Hi Lee-

How tall is the current front one? Mine are .200, .250, and .300. The .200 is normally the one for 17 and 617. Also, how wide? I have .100 and .125 wide in the .200 black.

Best regards- Warren

Warren,

Current one is .150" H and .125" W. I suppose since the rear is bottomed out, I would like .100" W, .200" H unless you think I would need a taller one.

Lee

The .200 one should be tall enough. I can get one out to you right away.

• 2 months later...

Measured the existing front sight on my 625-8 yesterday and it is .275".

Please send one plain black,pinned, .100" wide X .275" front sight to:

Tom Dooley

1104 E. Boynton St.

Hamilton

TX 76531

Will post check for $50 today.

Edited by Tom D.

Measured the existing front sight on my 625-8 yesterday and it is .275".

Please send one plain black,pinned, .100" wide X .275" front sight to:

Tom Dooley

1104 E. Boynton St.

Hamilton

TX 76531

Will post check for $50 today.

I'll get one headed your way! Thanks Tom!

Warren: I need another front sight for my new Model 66-5. The current front sight is 0.267" tall so would you recommend a 0.250" or the 0.300". Let me know so I can order it up :cheers: Thanks, Eric

Hi Eric-

That depends on how high the bottom of the rear sight is off the frame, the part just above the hammer. Assuming the gun is sighted in now, if the rear sight is almost all the way down, then you want the taller one. If the sight is up quite a bit, you want the lower one. Thanks - Warren