Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para Ordnance Bad Rap?

steveyacht

so Todd had a mag problem. Big deal. Every make of guns has had a mag problem once in a while.

I have a 9x23 built on a frame kit. I also have a P14-45 that has given me no trouble at all.

Based on MY experience I recommend Paras. If you dont like them don't recommend them. Don't make a big deal out of it.

Todd certainly made a big deal out of it. (I was the CRO.)

The question asked was if Para's deserve a bad rap or not.

I can share this...

The ONLY ones that I have personally seen that were good guns were built up by Joe Bonar (RIP) out of Wayne Novaks shop. I believe those were almost always carbon guns (not stainless) that likely started as frame kits. From my recollection, they were P14-45's and they ran them with hardball type loads and fairly heavy recoil springs.

The only active Para at our local club can't get through a field course without a jam. It is probably seeing a half-dozen jams per match. Maybe that is ammo, mags, or something that somebody did to the gun. (I feel bad for the guy, but I really don't want to look too far into it...as I damn sure don't want to work on the gun. I am hoping he ditches it for something else.)

I have seen them break links and slide stops with regularity. Mags...seems like they used to run pretty good with the right setup, but maybe not. Busted bushings..that launch parts down range while hot.

I don't know anything of the newer guns. Hopefully there is a distinction.

If you like them, then recommend them.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic