Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Advice Needed To Load .40 S&w For Major

sgrc1

HELP!

I am loading .40 S&W for my glock 23 modified for Open Class. I use a KKM 4 inch barrel with a 2 port 1 inch Comp by KKM

I was using VV320 to load for MAJOR PF and am getting pretty constant 175PF with 4.9grs of VV320 and 180grs FMJ bullets. However I have been checking the manual and VV does not recommend this powder for this caliber (at least with 180gr bullet weight). Flexmoney adviced to get a slower burning powder since the pressures might be too high for my setup, say VV350. The problem is that it is not available around here :angry: (I live in Guatemala, Central America), the current only options I have are the following:

VV320

VV330

Hodgdon HS-7

Titegroup

None of the above are listed by the manufacturer for that caliber :o . I guess that VV330 is better than VV320 as it is at least slower burning, I am not sure about HS-7 as it is not listed for .40 180grs, although I know it is much slower.

Can anybody give me some advice as to my best options, or does anybody load with VV320 for Major PF with above specs or any of the above powders.

Thanks alot

I have a.40 open gun. Tried hs7 with some pretty good results. My load data won't work for you because mine were a lot longer that you can use for your glock. For a 180 I would start at 7.0. I think the best deal would be a 155 and start at 9.0. Crono and watch for pressure. Larry

• 3 weeks later...