Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who sells slideracker for a left handed shooter

Theo Carter

I remember not long ago someone asking, but I'll tell you that I have a sidewinder just tweaked so it sits 'on its side' and works fine for a lefty. Brian H. on the forum here has done some experimenting with some cool stuff too, worth a PM.

-Mike

this is what's on my right side. bent it up about 28 degrees and works great.

+1.....same for me, works perfect for a lefty. Bending it up allows for better clearance to the thumb-safety

post-12164-1232971262_thumb.jpg

Edited by matt2ace

So why can't you use a "right" handed slide racker and turn it around?

Because they will "face" backward. The sidewinder when placed on the left side comes out of the slide and moves rearward and up. When you flip it over to the right side it comes out of the slide and moves forward and up, and you grab the racker by what normally is the back.

So why can't you use a "right" handed slide racker and turn it around?

Because they will "face" backward. The sidewinder when placed on the left side comes out of the slide and moves rearward and up. When you flip it over to the right side it comes out of the slide and moves forward and up, and you grab the racker by what normally is the back.

Thanks - didn't think about the back offset part of it. The ones I have are all straight.

QUOTE (Larry273 @ Jan 25 2009, 09:33 PM) *

Errol Lawson of Keal Machining does a right side racker for right hand shooters (as a matter of style and preference). That would certainly work for you.

does he have a website???

Easiest way to get in touch with him to is to give him a call....754-224-9104

Edited by Larry273