Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 Support Issues

This is written in response to the rumors about Dillon Precision not supporting the RL 1050...

How in the hell does communication get so screwed up so fast?!? Well, this rumor started right here at Dillon.

One of our customer service representatives, for God only knows what reason, told a 1050 owner that we were not stocking 1050 parts, and the warrantee department assured him he was correct.

This, however, is totally wrong! We will continue to support the 1050 if we have to machine parts out of gold (we won’t, because we have an on-going supply.)

The truth is we were out of stock on the bearing journal. But, damn! There is a huge difference between being out of stock on a part and not supporting a product. Besides, the computer showed that we still had 17 in stock. Which we didn’t. So much for computers.

The foundry that casts our frames for the Super 1050 is the same foundry that casts the connecting rod. The journal is a simple hog-out. There is no reason for us to ever stop making these parts.

The suggestion that we wouldn’t make a small run of parts because we wouldn’t make money on them is an insult. We don’t “make money” when we replace a machine burned in a fire. We don’t “make money” when we replace parts that a customer lost while moving. We don’t “make money” when we refund the full purchase price on a machine that a customer decides he doesn’t like. But, we do it because it is the right thing to do.

Be assured, we’ve set the highest standard for customer service for the last twenty years and we’re not going to piss it away now for a couple of bucks!

So, relax and go back to enjoying your new Dillon Precision and Dillon Aero Calendars! There are things in life more enjoyable than worrying about rumors.

Mike Dillon

President

Very few companies (in any industry) I have ever dealt with have matched the superb level of customer support and friendly accessibility to the consumer that I have experienced with Dillon. Some companies just don't "get it"... Dillon has done it right all along. It's great to have that consistency over time.

If I could only get some of the manufacturers I have to deal with on a daily basis to have 1/2 as good of customer service I have received from Dillon, my life would be SOOOO much easier. (I.E. The golf club company Cobra has cut their warranty period to 18 months. $400 driver breaks after that and its sorry Charlie!)

So, relax and go back to enjoying your new Dillon Precision and Dillon Aero Calendars! There are things in life more enjoyable than worrying about rumors.

As someone who got to see the 2004 Dillon Precision & Dillon Aero calendars early (damn, sometimes I love my job) and has a review of them coming out in the next Blue Press, I can give that one a big 10-4.