Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Three Days of Revo!" -- (new revolver-only match)

There will be a big trophy for optics "King of Revo" and a smaller one for pussies who want to shoot iron sights (iron sights "King of Revo") given Sunday afternoon.

Private response to shooterdoc: Interesting take on things, considering that pretty much everybody knows that an optical sight on a revolver is one of the strongest indicators of homosexual proclivity. In fact, the optics award really should be called the "Queen of Revo" trophy.

Man, you jumped on that like a catfish to stinkbait. You are so damned easy (at least that's what Cliff tells me).

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will we be drawing from a holster for the rimfire match or will it be the usual rimfire start for steel challenge?

We'll use the regular "low ready" start position, no holster will be needed for the rimfire match.

Mike,

I thought we had a rule that Minnesotans are only allowed to shoot weakhanded. And match fees are doubled. What about that tax for allowing them into Iowa?

So now not only am I supposed to disarm before entering Iowa I'm getting taxed on top of it?

Hiya Jay! Should've knowd that was you. :lol:

Will we be drawing from a holster for the rimfire match or will it be the usual rimfire start for steel challenge?

We'll use the regular "low ready" start position, no holster will be needed for the rimfire match.

Mike,

I thought we had a rule that Minnesotans are only allowed to shoot weakhanded. And match fees are doubled. What about that tax for allowing them into Iowa?

So now not only am I supposed to disarm before entering Iowa I'm getting taxed on top of it?

Keith,

Didn't god make Minnesota so Iowans would have something to joke about?

Hey, what's the best view in Minnesota? .................... In your rearview mirror as you're entering Iowa. LOL

See ya in July (or sooner).

Jay

Hiya Jay! Should've knowd that was you. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
I'm in this. I'll be coming down with Steve and Sue Irish and the usual suspects from michigan. :rolleyes:

Looks like Cheetahs, Chris Nelson and I are in as well from Michigan (that makes 6 from Michigan). My app went out today. I am really looking forward to the "triple crown" of revo events!!!

How full is the list so far? i would love to go but I am not sure I want to take a slot from anyone that will be going for all 3 days. I only have a 625 and I am only planning on shooting Sunday.

By now its got to be at least 3/4 of the way full. You wouldn't be takeing a slot away from anybody. The people that are going to shoot all three days will have priority over the people shooting one or two days.

Hope the clears things up, Craig

How full is the list so far? i would love to go but I am not sure I want to take a slot from anyone that will be going for all 3 days. I only have a 625 and I am only planning on shooting Sunday.

By now its got to be at least 3/4 of the way full. You wouldn't be takeing a slot away from anybody. The people that are going to shoot all three days will have priority over the people shooting one or two days.

Hope the clears things up, Craig

OK. I just didn't want to get my hopes up and get kicked from the list at the last second.

Shawn, go ahead and send in your app. I have another shooter who is only shooting rimfire, and yet another who is only shooting a 627. So if you're only shooting Sunday with the 625, that would work out perfectly!

I only have about 5 full-match slots left.

Man...the more I think about this match, the more impressed I am with the concept. :surprise: What a perfect test to find the the best all-around revolver shooter. You guys in Iowa are a lot smarter than I gave you credit for. And to think, I thought all you guys did was sit around fantasizing about sheep. I guess we'll just have to leave that to Cliff now...BTW, is he coming? If so, you better invest in a lot of mud flaps. :roflol:

See ya on da 4'th!!!!!

Jeff

Yep, Cliff and Dave are on the list, along with a bunch of other highly-experienced members of the BE wheelgun fraternity! Still a few slots left (Jeff, I have you and the other MI folks down), but don't wait because this match is almost full.

Shawn, go ahead and send in your app. I have another shooter who is only shooting rimfire, and yet another who is only shooting a 627. So if you're only shooting Sunday with the 625, that would work out perfectly!

I only have about 5 full-match slots left.

Oh alright! If it will get there from Qatar in time!!

Dude, you are spending more time in the Sandbox than you are in Nebraska. Was it something we said or are you just in serious training for the heat of A3?
Well it is winter here now so it is in the 50's mostly. I work nights so it is pretty cool most of the time. It has even rained... once. I am not going to make it to this match.

I made the mistake of not checking with my lovely girlfriend and she had wanted to spend the weekend with me as it will be our first real Holiday together.

Oh well. I will get as much trigger time as i can shooting Revolver at local matches until Area 3!!

Thanks for the time Carmoney!

They've really gone up in price--just like everything else gun-related. My dealer price on a 617 is now over $600. Unless you're direct with S&W, that's what they cost.

(At first, I thought the specimen pictured in the auction was a pre-lock version, which the collectors/purists seem to like and pay extra for, but I'm pretty sure the seller is actually going to great pains to photograph the gun from angles that do not show the lock "zit" on the gun.)

Private response to shooterdoc: Interesting take on things, considering that pretty much everybody knows that an optical sight on a revolver is one of the strongest indicators of homosexual proclivity. In fact, the optics award really should be called the "Queen of Revo" trophy.

Is that why Doug and Pinshooter get along so well????