Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Simplest things! Found the perfect Ball Cap!

Morphire

Okay so I like shooting with a baseball cap on, but the problem is that I like to shoot with a full set of ears on (MSA Sordin) and the headband always presses on the little button at the top of a typical ball cap. I've found a few tech style hats made by Nike and others that are used for running and golf that don't have the button on top and have used those. They look kind of dorky on me though and I prefer good old cotton on my head.

Well the thing is I bought some goodies from Larue Tactical and they threw in a nice LT ball cap with the order. Nice of them I thought!

p6198120.jpg

Then I went to put it on my head and noticed the most wonderful thing!

p6198122.jpg

NO BUTTON!!

Way to go Larue!! I love it when a company thinks of the littlest things trying to find ways to improve.

I too have found a new favorite ball cap. Actually two.

I got one when I bought my jeep - it turned out to be a great ball cap. I wear it frequently.

But then I ordered a Survivorman ball cap the other day and it showed up from Les last week. What an awesome cap! Great look, good fit, good feel.

Two great ball caps, that's tough to find in a single year.

Jack

A good cap is one that fits your head well, those shallow ones are not for me. I am a cap connoisseur, and I often find one I wish fit well, but pass when it is not right.

Me too, except it's cause I have a punkin' head :angry2:

To pop the button off of almost any ball cap just take a pair of dikes(diagonal wire cutters) and put the jaws between the bottom of the button and the cap itself. Squeeze the dikes and the button will pop off. Most likely you will be left with a stiched hole in the top where the button stem passed through the cap and was pressed into another flat button. Cake walk!

CYa,

Pat

You can pop the button off most any baseball type cap. It is usually just a friction fit post and button. :cheers:

Well that is even funnier still! Where were you guys when my head was always hurting?

Thanks for the head's up! I'll give it a go on some other caps that I own.