Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Sporting Rifle

Rocket35

I know the story here is kinda old, but for all of you "they can keep it for that money" , well here it is http://www.brazoscustom.com/sti_guns/sti_sportingrifle.htm

Sti sporting rifle for a little under 1200$. Anyone have any idea where can i get this kind off the shelf setup for the money elswhere? Probably not.

The truth behind the price is that i just got mine about 2 weeks ago and it has a serial of just under the 580. They sold some, but i guess 500 sold in two years is not that great. Thats probably the reason for price reduction imho...

P.S.

First impressions are great :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Accuracy has not been great since my supplier changed hes adress and cannot sell ammo for a bout two more weeks (ammo selling licence is based on a single adress) and so i have to buy other stuff....

Been at the range today shooting 63grainers from Geco, grouping at 1"@100yds as my best result, but for only 3x magnification where the reticle covers more than a inch of target, id say im doin ok. Considering i am a total newbie at rifle shooting and this is my first semiauto rifle. On average i did about 2" 3 shot groups.

Didnt have any issues with the Geco ammo, but i also bought a Sellier&Bellot match grade ammo (3$ a piece!!!)which was the only 69grain ammo i could get at that point and the groups stayed about the same (about 2"@100yds) which was kind of dissapointing, and i even had a FTE once with the blowded bullet bottom...sad....

I guess it is...pretty simmilar rifle apart from the barrel length and stock. But DPMS arent available in Europe anymore ( as far as i know) and as long as they were i would be able to buy 2 STI rifles for the price of 1 DPMS. Sad but true. Greedy bastard at luxguns :)