Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon .50 bmg press

I talked to Gary at Dillon about it. They haven't finalized the price yet (I'm not going to speculate on it), and he said it may be from 3 to 6 months before it hits the market. Their plan is to really run it through the ringer before they release it. As I hear more accurate info I'll update this thread.

be

• 8 months later...

Apparently this is finally getting closer to reality. Dillon has an ad for the "Big Fifty Loader" in The American Rifleman, November, 2009 issue, on p. 20. I did have to look twice to actually see the loader, though!

A quick look and search of the Dillon site didn't turn up the loader there.

I did see the same ad in another magazine with an Internet search. Maybe by the end of the year, we will see actual loaders, and prices.

Jim M.

The Ten-X machine is not at all affiliated with Dillon Precision in any way, shape or form.

That said, the DIllon 50 BMG loader should be ready to ship sometime in December. The unusually high demand for reloading equipment following the 2008 Presidential election delayed final R&D and production of the 50 BMG machine. Price has not been finalized yet, hope to have it in the next few weeks. We will also offer a 50 BMG primer pocket swager, an electric case trimmer, and a carbide sizing die. Yes, lube will still be necessary, but the effort required is probably 40% less.

The Ten-X machine is not at all affiliated with Dillon Precision in any way, shape or form.

That said, the DIllon 50 BMG loader should be ready to ship sometime in December. The unusually high demand for reloading equipment following the 2008 Presidential election delayed final R&D and production of the 50 BMG machine. Price has not been finalized yet, hope to have it in the next few weeks. We will also offer a 50 BMG primer pocket swager, an electric case trimmer, and a carbide sizing die. Yes, lube will still be necessary, but the effort required is probably 40% less.

I wait to see the bohemeth

• 1 month later...
Zexy....

4-5 weeks....maybe!!!

Waiting on the seating die.

~Mike

That is looking good! (Thanks for the best photos I've seen to-date. It looked like top-side priming, ala M2 precisioin or Arizona ammo - how does that work into the operation?

GsT

Zexy....

4-5 weeks....maybe!!!

Waiting on the seating die.

~Mike

That is looking good! (Thanks for the best photos I've seen to-date. It looked like top-side priming, ala M2 precisioin or Arizona ammo - how does that work into the operation?

GsT

Not too sure....but i'd guess you'll be sizing & depriming and checking trim length in one operation.

Next step...move up to prime, then place in 'spare' place in shell plate under primer...and carry on as normal.

Latest i've heard is that 4 lucky people have proto-types and are testing 'in the field'.

So i'm guessing they will need 1-2 months for testing atleast...then feedback time.

~Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Dillon BFR 50BMG Reloading Machine

Stock Number: 50000

Specifications Options Shown with optional 50 BMG Case Trimmer and optional 50BMG Carbide Sizing Die, mounting post not available at this time.

Now accepting pre-orders, with an anticipated shipping date of March 15, 2010.

TOTAL COST: $999.95

Shown with optional 50 BMG Case Trimmer and optional 50BMG Carbide Sizing Die.

50 BMG Trimmer Assembly-#50050, $374.95

50 BMG Carbide Size Die-#50075, $799.95 *

*A 50 BMG headspace case gage MUST be used to adjust the size die-order #14447 $34.00

$1,800 :o:o:o

~Mike

Edited by Rufftytuffty

• 3 years later...