Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
splashdown

40 Open

5 hours ago, NMinzghor said:

I'm running Bedell on both of mine with the two of the front side ports machined off.  Very flat shooting with 135gr and 8.5gr of Silhouette. 

What reamer are you guys using to ream a 9mm comp to work for 40cal? What made you machine the front side ports off the bedell comp?

You don't want to use a  reamer.  You'll have to make the hole larger than needed just to be sure bullets will clear.  You want to chuck the barrel in a lathe, center the bore, then bore out the comp.  I don't know of an 40sw Align Reamers, so you have to bore the comp concentric with the barrel bore.  0.020" over bore should be fine as long as you are aligned.

58 minutes ago, zzt said:

You don't want to use a  reamer.  You'll have to make the hole larger than needed just to be sure bullets will clear.  You want to chuck the barrel in a lathe, center the bore, then bore out the comp.  I don't know of an 40sw Align Reamers, so you have to bore the comp concentric with the barrel bore.  0.020" over bore should be fine as long as you are aligned.

My boss has a lathe so putting the barrel in a lathe and centering the bore would be easy. He does this all the time on rifle and pist barrels that he is threading for brakes/comps. He has all the fancy tools and could help me.