Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

World Shoot Team Selection

SmittyFL

Nicely done, BJ. I'd offer up a slight tweak (for those Match Directors that have expressed in putting on a dedicated match)

• The term "BOD approved qualification match" shall be defined as follows:
  • Three separate matches in 2010 designated by the BOD as “approved qualification match”.
  • Approved qualification matches will be designated by choosing existing Area Level III Championships and will be on the USPSA website under the Major Match heading prior to 1-1-10.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would someone qualify for the Modified team?

Well, since we had qualifications for the Modified team for 2008 and no one that actually shot the qualifiers was asked to go, I'd say that no one cares.

I may be biased though since I shot Modified at a qualifying match and was not asked. :closedeyes:

It should be easy enough. Just score using a second database for the match or count the scores as Open for the match and then recalculate with just the Modified shooters for the purposes of the qualifier series.

Matt, you were robbed. <_<

It should be easy enough. Just score using a second database for the match or count the scores as Open for the match and then recalculate with just the Modified shooters for the purposes of the qualifier series.

Matt, you were robbed. <_<

The USPSA BoD posted in advance of the first Qualifier match in April of 2007 that ONLY the following official USPSA teams would be selected for the 2008 World Shoot:

Men's Open

Men's Standard

Men's Production

Ladies' Open

Junior Open

The other USA teams (Modified & Open Senior & Standard Senior) were composed of teams that formed on their own, obtained individual slots, made their own travel plans and recieved no financial support from USPSA. And that is also how the Gold medal Revolver Team from the 2005 World Shoot was formed.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

This is going to be the last post I make on this subject. First, this decision was what we thought was the simplest solution to replace what we saw as flawed system for picking teams. Anyone implying this was done to favor Michael or sponsors or any other backroom type deals are way off base and frankly I take that attitude as a direct insult to me. If that is truly what you think of us then you better come out from behind you computers and gather some signatures and run for our positions because quite frankly I don't want this thankless f'n job if that is what you really think of us. :angry2:

Now that i got that off my chest it looks like we are going to revisit this decision. I really did not see this backlash coming. Just because we have this job doesn't mean we always know what we are doing :wacko:

Thank you Chris.

This seems like a good place to stop this. It didn't belong here in the first place. If you would like to further this discussion please go to USPSA's website and do so. Do not bring it back up here in any form.

-Larry Drake

The Moderating Team