Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

anybody doing scoring on a mac?

steel1212

I've got a Imac coming and was wondering if anybody has gotten EZWIN to work on a Mac? If not anybody know where I can get a cheap laptop with CD burner? basically all I need it for will be scores and to get online to upload said scores.

Whats a Mac ? :rolleyes:

fightin' words!!!

:sight:

You need to run parallels or dual boot to XP to get the scoring software to run in Windows environment.

I've heard that but have you tried it and it work? And how do you dual boot to XP?

I've run WinMSS using VMware Fusion on my MacBook Pro for a long time. It works great. I see no reason why EZ WINSCORE shouldn't run under Windows using either Parallels Desktop, VMware Fusion or using Apple's Boot Camp to boot Windows.

My Imac is due here tomorrow so hopefully I can get something figured out...thanks guys!

Ok got my IMAC and this thing rocks. Who would have thought all I had to do was plug in the ethernet cable and i would be online.....hmmmm.

Anyway, So I looked at boot camp and it says for leopard OS. How do I know what OS I have? Also is anybody using this to open windows to do scores? I know Jack about Macs so I'm kind of scared to do anything like this with it right now.

Anyway, So I looked at boot camp and it says for leopard OS. How do I know what OS I have?

Brand new machine - you're running Leopard ;) But, to see for sure... Click the black apple, select "About This Mac". 10.5.x is Leopard - probably running 10.5.6 or something like that...

Also is anybody using this to open windows to do scores? I know Jack about Macs so I'm kind of scared to do anything like this with it right now.

Robert Porter is actually using a Mac based setup to score the Double Tap (or was last year, I think). I believe he's using Parallels and running EZWinScore under that? I haven't tried it on my end, yet...

Anyway, So I looked at boot camp and it says for leopard OS. How do I know what OS I have?

Brand new machine - you're running Leopard ;) But, to see for sure... Click the black apple, select "About This Mac". 10.5.x is Leopard - probably running 10.5.6 or something like that...

Also is anybody using this to open windows to do scores? I know Jack about Macs so I'm kind of scared to do anything like this with it right now.

Robert Porter is actually using a Mac based setup to score the Double Tap (or was last year, I think). I believe he's using Parallels and running EZWinScore under that? I haven't tried it on my end, yet...

10.5.6 yup!!

I keep hearing Parallels this and Bootcamp that. If I have 10.5.6 I should already have boot camp on my computer right? I just need a copy of windows to get running? Found Boot camp....funny how the find it...finds it. Now do I just buy a copy of XP or something?

Edited by steel1212

printed out the boot camp installation and setup guide. Looks like all I need now is windows XP home edition or pro with service pack 2 or later or windows vista home basic, home premium, business or ultimate.

Yes, you have it right. Get a full OEM version of Windows and BAM! You are on the way!

Best price point I have found for XP software is through Royal Discount:

http://www.royaldiscount.com/windowsxphome.html

I score the Bay Area Rifle Championship using EZ-Winscore on my MacBookPro using BootCamp and also have a G4 PowerMac tower running EZ-Winscore through the Virtual PC emulator as a backup to the laptop (G4 machine won't run BootCamp). Have had zero problems for 4 years now doing it this way.

The only problem with Windows on a Mac is that the Windows XP install takes freakin' forever and THEN you have to do a seemingly endless series of Windows updates to get the danged software current, sheeesh!

BTW, just go with XP home and you will save some bux, Vista or XP Pro are not needed.

Yes, you have it right. Get a full OEM version of Windows and BAM! You are on the way!

Best price point I have found for XP software is through Royal Discount:

http://www.royaldiscount.com/windowsxphome.html

I score the Bay Area Rifle Championship using EZ-Winscore on my MacBookPro using BootCamp and also have a G4 PowerMac tower running EZ-Winscore through the Virtual PC emulator as a backup to the laptop (G4 machine won't run BootCamp). Have had zero problems for 4 years now doing it this way.

The only problem with Windows on a Mac is that the Windows XP install takes freakin' forever and THEN you have to do a seemingly endless series of Windows updates to get the danged software current, sheeesh!

BTW, just go with XP home and you will save some bux, Vista or XP Pro are not needed.

N0-02215, the one at the top of the page, is that the one I want? It has SP3 and the one lower down has SP1.....what is the difference?

• 2 weeks later...
Yep, thats the one. Service Pack 3 just means you have to do less updating after the install. It's the one to get.

Ok i have Windows on my Mac, what I don't have, it seems to me, is any word processing, power point or anything along those lines. Is there anything free I can down load from the web to help?

Yep, thats the one. Service Pack 3 just means you have to do less updating after the install. It's the one to get.

Ok i have Windows on my Mac, what I don't have, it seems to me, is any word processing, power point or anything along those lines. Is there anything free I can down load from the web to help?

Open office is free and works....