Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shotgun gunsmith

XRe

I'm starting to look around for a good shotgun smith who can work on '60s era Browning Superposed guns. I have a late '60s model Superposed Pigeon Grade that was my grandfather's - unfortunately, its got twin release triggers in it... I shot a couple rounds of trap this past weekend, and that trigger arrangement just simply drives me nuts. If I were a dedicated trap shooter, and didn't shoot any pull triggers, I could probably deal with that, but... :o

I've had a couple of folks suggest the "local guy in his garage" could do it, etc... I'd really rather find someone with an established practice and a solid reputation. If there's an appropriate place in Texas, that would be even handier, if its within driving distance. I will probably have the forcing cones done at the same time, so.. ;)

I need to spend a bit more time with the gun before sending it off to someone, to be certain that it fits OK, etc - probably need to get AlamoShooter's blessing on it :lol:

I'm going to look into Larry Feland ;) Thanks, warpspeed... Need to do a little more asking around the guys I know here, too...

Rich, I was a little surprised, as well. Apparently, some folks in our area have had some problems w/ Briley's trigger work, so... This gun is worth far too much to me to risk anything with it, that way... :lol: Sometime soon, I'll get some pictures of it up... Beautiful piece, well cared for, and well used (my dad and I guessed that its probably got 80-100K rounds on it, at this point...) - it was my grandfather's trap gun

A guy in town that worked for Kregoff opened a shop several years ago "Rich" don't remember his last name. I will find out ware he moved his shop to. He worked on the High $$ guns and the normal stuff too. he was very good with $20,000 shotguns.

I will have to ask around

Chances are you may shoot a different gun better. I have Sean many times that thousands of dollars was spent on a gun that just would not shoot for the guy. Lets just make a date to get together for some clay. I owe you big time brother , I will make my schedule work to yours

A guy in town that worked for Kregoff opened a shop several years ago "Rich" don't remember his last name. I will find out ware he moved his shop to. He worked on the High $ guns and the normal stuff too. he was very good with $20,000 shotguns.

Cool....

I will have to ask around

Chances are you may shoot a different gun better. I have Sean many times that thousands of dollars was spent on a gun that just would not shoot for the guy.

Yeah, I don't want to get into this too much, but might as well make it shootable :D I'm not going to do too much else, though... Get some stick time, and start thinking about if I want to pick up something else a little more versatile to shoot SC and whatnot with...

Lets just make a date to get together for some clay. I owe you big time brother , I will make my schedule work to yours

Yeah, man, that would be great :)

• 1 month later...

If you havent found anyone else I'm doing that kind of work now, but I am slower than an Obama rally with one set of jumper cables.

Ross Carter A307

Btw the superposed are great guns, need to check if you have a saltwood stock, if so you will want to change it out before it damages the metal.