Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 Tips and Tricks

Nik Habicht

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

A little blue birdy turned me onto this...

in the spare parts kit for a 550, there is a part called a Cartridge Spring, #13926. it looks like a paper clip, and it is the top left item in the picture of the 550 parts kit. order a couple.

When they arrive;

On the 1050, remove the white plastic piece from the primer seating station that holds the case in place, and with the long end sticking outward toward the right, fasten the clip down with the screw with a case in the station with the normal amount of play. With a strong wire cutter, cut off any excess of the spring clip so the handle doesn't hit it during cycling.

now you can see the primers in the primer slide...

jj

Do you have a picture of this?

• 3 months later...

Here are my mods on the old RL-1050.

1. USB powered LED light. Flexible, small and bright. I power it with a normal plug-in USB charger.

2. Mirror for powder check. I hold it on with a magnet, but tape would work. It's an automotive inspection mirror.

3. I keep an allen wrench in my primer adjustment so I can see when it wanders out of spec before finding out from high primers.

4. I used foam double sided tape to stick old bullet feeder tubing to the media drain holes on the case feeder. I just heated them and bent them to guide the media into a plastic receptacle. It's held on with magnetic tape. This way media doesn't fall all around my bench.

(please note, the old '70's mirrors on the wall were here when I moved in!)

post-38059-0-81407800-1462499681_thumb.jpost-38059-0-06400900-1462499934_thumb.j