Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Soft" Side Saddle for FN SLP MK I?

blackstone

Finally found a FN SLP MK I and it is on its way to me.

Who makes the "soft" velcro-attached side saddles?

Which other bolt-on mod's, (large safety, extended bolt handle, etc.), do you experienced 3-gunners find useful?

Thanks

Three gun gear makes a side saddle that holds eight rounds, but it doesn't fit very well and you have to do a little trimming. Nordic components makes a very cool bolt handle for it with swirl fluting. Had to have one as soon as I saw them..Get your carrier welded up ASAP! I know C-rums does Benellli's, and I need to see if he can do the same for the FN. The only problem is I'm out of work due to knee surgery, so my funds are down. I'm not going to bother him if I can't do anything about it. I need to buy a tig welder and start doing them myself. Could probably pay for a tig machine that way.

I've got a 3 Gun Gear sidesaddle on mine. I put one of the slide lock 2 pack's on it as well. Dillon carries them.

I had a Briley bolt handle on it at one time. About 10 shots into it, it flew off into the bushes never to be seen again. I've since stuck with the factory piece.

Nordic Components is supposed to be building a bolt handle and a +1 extension.

I've heard that some guys use the Browning Gold's 1 1/8 oz piston to help guarantee function with lighter loads. I've never had a problem with my supplied light piston.

Mark Otto, forum member "supafly", makes excellent sidesaddles, as well as armbands and chest caddies. I have one of his 9rd on mine, and will pick up another for my spare gun here shortly. I do use a Briley bolt handle and have not had a single problem out of it.

I don't currently have one of the Nordic +1 extensions, but it is in my future plans.

Marks products can be seen on Benny's webiste: www.triangleshootingsports.com

I use a 3gungear.com 8 round side saddle, 2 round saddle on right side of the gun, Nordic Components bolt handle and bolt release button and I have a 1 shot mag extension for those outlaw matches with no mag limits. I use Briley extended chokes in Skeet, Imp Cyl and Light Mod. I also use the Browning Gold Sporting Clays piston from Brownells, it's marked 1-1/8oz loads or lighters (the stock FN light piston is marked 1-1/4oz loads or lighter). I hogged out the loading port and shortened the handguard myself. I had Sam Hatfield of www.hatfieldsgunsmithing.com stipple my stock and fore-end and install my bolt release button. I may have him shorten my stock by about 1" or 1-1/4" as well soon.

3gunguns21.jpg

3gunguns20.jpg

3gunguns17.jpg

3gunguns16.jpg

3gunguns14.jpg

I think we have an FN with a 22 inch barrel in inventory. I can take a picture when there is a spare moment on Monday / Tuesday. Can also take a picture of the extended cap on the tube. Will post when I get them done. Bear with me on this, spare time is almost non existent since the election and it is getting worse, not better.

There is also an extended bolt release made for the Benelli (I think it is Progressive Machine and Tool-out of business now) that also fits on the FN SLP and this is what I have on mine. It is rectangluar in shape and I picked it up from one of the industry sponsors on this forum, but I can't remember which one.

So far the FN SLP Mk1 is built like a tank, minimal recoil and has run without a hiccup using 1 oz 8 shot, low recoil slugs and buckshot. I'm glad I made this purchase!

Anyone ever going make the mods to turn this into an open gun???