Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.357 Magnum Glock?

TriggerT

there is no such thing as a 357 MAGNUM glock.

There is however a 357Sig Glock which is a 40 caliber casing lengthened .02" and necked down to .355 caliber. named SIG for the company that largely backed the design of the round.

the 357SIG is made in the glock model 31, 32, and 33 (all 3 sizes) and has very similar numbers to the 357 magnum especially in the 125 grain bullet in which it was developed.

www.glock.com

He don't read Glock's ads too well... that's the real issue.

Glock pushes the .357Sig caliber Glocks as ".357 Magnum Power" or something very close to that... "Magnum" is definitely in the ad (plenty of back covers of mags.)

Okay, went and found the ad. Inside back cover of September 2003 Guns Magazine... with a Para Campanion LDA that is panned in the article... as nicely as possible, of course.

Anyhoo, the ad text reads:

MAGNUM performance

IS NOW AUTOMATIC

Now you can get high-

performance ballistics

without sacrificing

the tactical edge of

a high-capacity

autopistol.

GLOCK has taken

its proven "Safe Action

System" technology and

applied it to the

new .357 auto cartridge.

There are then pics of the G31 Full Size, G32 Compact, and G33 Sub-Compact.

My guess is that your friend simply read: "Magnum... .357... cartridge."

I shall comment no further. :blink:

:P

Well, you could convert your Glock 20 or 29 to shoot 9x23 according to the guys at Classic Pistol. http://www.classicpistol.com/ammunition.asp

That'll give you .357 mag performance. Word is that Cor-Bon is going to put out a 125 grn jhp going at 1600fps. I'll have my 1911 type ready for it. =B

Either the man has done his research, or as my Gorilla friend states, he don't read Glock ads too well. :P

I have loaded 38super+p and Supercomp with a 115 grain bullets at 1550-1575 fps and that's from a 5.5 inch barrel with a comp. The load was brutal on the gun (cracked the steel 1911 frame), was getting only 3 firings from brand new winchester brass (that's a fully supported barrel) the 3rd time firing will give a superface on brass after resizing and have to throw it away. If someone can come up with a 125grn @ 1600 fps with a 9x23 hats off to them. I have seen a 9x25 Dillon clock 1600 fps and more with 125 grn bullets. That is one flat trajectory for a handgun. Sorry I jumped in on your thread but I couldn't help it after reading about those numbers. josh