Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

shootingchef's signiture line...

Flexmoney

I have always wanted to read Atlas Shrugged, but also knew I would not slog through it. So a couple years ago, I bought it on CD (like 50 hours) and listened to it while working around the shop/yard/reloading room. A life changer. I knew that someone 80 years ago was thinking right, had witnessed communism and wanted to explain what freedom was really about. I am 90% of the way though Fountain Head. (both books on tape were unabridged) My 23 yr old daughter has listened to both, and my 18yr old son has listened to Atlas Shrugged. It is so gratifying, when they are watching the current news, when one of them will look at me and say "have these people never read Atlas Shrugged"?

I have gotten a very lukewarm reception from the (conservative) private school that the both attend(ed). The word is "Kids don't want to read that big of a book. AGHUUUUH

Mark K

Gotta read them. I get the listen on CD thing. But both books are read books.

I'm glad this thread resurfaced. I could use a little Atlas Shrugged these days.

Who is John Galt??

What a good book!!!!!!!

Jack

The heroine and heroes of "Atlas Shrugged" stood out against a backdrop of social collapse and total despair.

Most people don't reach a point of true understanding until their most closely guarded illusions are shattered.