Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
sasquatch981

Anyone know of, or heard of Jim Rose Gunsmith of FL

I have a few guys at my Range that have pistols from him here in Washington, and was wondering if anyone else has a pistol from him, and if they have any comments on his work. Thanks

Jim Rose is still in Jacksonville, FL. He no longer builds guns. The guns built by Jim are excellent. I have one 1911 45 that Jim built in the early 80s that is extremely accurate. In addition to being a top pistolsmith Jim was an excellent Bullseye shooter.

David Wilds learned to build pistols from Jim. I have had him work on my guns and have seen many of the guns he has built. The workman ship and reliability are very good specially the triggers.

He was one of the most respected bullseye gun builders in the southeast for a LONG time, and rightfully so. He built VERY accurate guns. I haven't talked to him in over 15 years, but he was a very nice and very knowledgeable smith. He was getting 'too old' for it back then and was scaling back already.

Super nice guy, and a one of the best with 1911's. Sorry to say it Jim past away right before Xmas 2018