Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Mozambique" Scoring

Shadow

The way to get around the rules (did I say that?) and have a mozambique is you need 2 targets to make up a "single" mozambique engagement. Black out all but the head on one of the targets, black out all the head on the other target (or lop it off entirely and use tape to make a non-scoring border along the top edge of the lower a/c zone), and layer one over the other. What I'm unclear on is whether you can designate in the WSB that "these" targets require 1 hit each while these other targets require the normal 2 hits each.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite a Mozambique... but this one is legal.

There is no Box B. :-)

Anyway, since you've tagged it as a Comstock course, what's to prevent a shooter from firing 12 shots freestyle in the starting box, and then grabbing the briefcase, running into Box B, and just quickly firing 6 shots strong hand only in the gap between the targets?

Anyway, since you've tagged it as a Comstock course, what's to prevent a shooter from firing 12 shots freestyle in the starting box, and then grabbing the briefcase, running into Box B, and just quickly firing 6 shots strong hand only in the gap between the targets?

Typo.. here's Box-B

1.1.5.1 Level I matches may use shooting boxes and specify where or when specific target arrays may be engaged, and may specify mandatory reloads in short and medium courses only (not in a long course).

post-6812-0-81656700-1311293554_thumb.jp

Edited by LT45

Wouldn't be legal either. More than 8 rounds without a reload.

You could cut the heads off of t1-t3, put t4-t6 directly behind them with hard cover below the "head box" and do 2 EA on1-3, reload, 1 EA on 4-6.

Um, T1-T3 are already cut off heads with a bit of the shoulder trimmed to conform to the angle of the targets below them, which are headless targets with hardcover taped/painted over everything but the "A" zone. The bit of white space between them is to show they are separate targets...um symbiotic alien invader species....

Typo.. here's Box-B

1.1.5.1 Level I matches may use shooting boxes and specify where or when specific target arrays may be engaged, and may specify mandatory reloads in short and medium courses only (not in a long course).

Yes, the Level I exemption lets you specify where and when target arrays maybe engaged, but you can't stipulate how many shots maybe fired (at least in a Comstock course).

And I don't think you can change it to Virginia Count since it doesn't qualify as a "Short Course" or "Speed Shoot."

My apologies. Apparently I overlooked your mandatory reload.

No apology necessary since I added in the mandatory reload in response to your comment...you focus so much on one rule you get bit by another :rolleyes:

Yes, the Level I exemption lets you specify where and when target arrays maybe engaged, but you can't stipulate how many shots maybe fired (at least in a Comstock course).

I'll have to disagree with "you can't stipulate how many shots maybe fired (at least in a Comstock course"

9.2.2 “Comstock” – Unlimited time stops on the last shot, unlimited number of shots to be fired, stipulated number of hits per target to count for score.

4.2.3 Paper targets must never be required to receive more than 12 hits before being scored and patched.

I didn't state in the WSB that you could only fire one shot from each location.. If you consider the targets as an array, you can specify where and when target arrays may be engaged. You are just re-engaging the same array from the second location.

it's scored best 2 per paper.