Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Old Ipsc Rules Editions

mcoliver

Vince,

I daily have to struggle against my Alzheimer, thus I might be wrong, but I can recall that, one year after the very first issue of the 14th edition (September 2000, I translated it during Christmas holidays 2000), there was a second edition (same Christmas holidays pattern for me :( ) that was slightly different (I'll try to struggle my Alzheimer and come up with a couple of differences).

Then the September 2002 edition was issued (and third holidays pattern in a row for me... :angry: ).

Not to mention the Super-Ultra-Fast service for Shotgun Rules V3 (and you can imagine what was it needed for ;) ).

More on this if I remember where the h@ll I put my pills... :D

Ok, found the pills! :)

I have (downloaded from IPSC website) the following files for Rulebook 14th ed.

- 14th edition (I named it issue 1): PDF file dated 15/12/1999 (pdf properties).

- 14th edition (I named it issue 2): PDF file dated 16/11/2000 (pdf properties).

- 14th edition final issue: PDF file dated 3/11/2002 (pdf properties).

If I remember well, probably the 1st issue was never enforced, but rather it was re-engineered and enforced as 2nd issue.

The main differences between 15/12/1999 file and 16/1/2000 file are:

- Whole rulebook: some of the duties of the RM were assigned (text specifying MD or RM) to the MD too (e.g. rules 2.1.1, 2.2.1.4, 2.3.3, etc.)

- 2nd issue introduces rule 1.1.7.

- 2nd issue: Rewording of rules 1.2.1.2 and 1.2.1.3, to correct "...9 rounds to be fired..." in "...9 scoring hits...".

- Appendix C: Poppers Calibration. The whole procedure is described differently.

Etc.

Maybe these are enough for Vince to trace the correct history.

Hi guys,

I assure you, as the IPSC Handgun Rules Guy, recent designations of the IPSC Handgun Rulebook have been:

13th Edition - October 1996

(Approved at the GA in Brasilia in October 1996, effective 1 January 1997, never modified)

14th Edition - September 2000

(Provisionally approved at the GA in Cebu in 1999 on an "evaluation" basis for 12 months. Further amended and finally approved at the GA in Quincy in September 2000, effective 1 January 2001 - there was never an offiicial "1999" designation).

I realise some regions labelled the "evaluation" version as "1999", but that was not an official designation.

14th Edition - September 2002

(Approved at the GA in Pietersburg in September 2002, effective date 1 January 2003, never modified)

January 2004 Edition

(Pending approval at the GA in Terni in August 2003, effective date 1 January 2004)

There has always been some confusion in respect of the approval date versus the effective date because, in accordance with the IPSC Constitution, rules approved at a GA are designated with the approval date, but they actuallly become effective the following 1 January.

This is why, from the next rulebooks onwards (the sets pending approval at Terni), we only quote the effective date, not the approval date.

Hope this clarifies.

Vince,

you boosted my confidence in Alzheimer pills! :wub:

The 1999 (supposed) edition of the rulebook 14th ed. I guessed was never enforced is the one you told us was an "evaluation" basis. B)

I'd order a ton of those pills right now, if only could remember who manufactures them! :lol::lol::lol:

I know the question was about IPSC rules, but I have copies of the last several versions of the USPSA rules, as well (the blue book, the toilet-paper book, and the red book) if anyone wants them.

Bruce

• 16 years later...
On 8/19/2003 at 5:30 AM, Skywalker said:

Mc,

if you need I can email you the 13th edition, the 14th (1st release 2000, 2nd release 2001, 3rd release 2002).

Greetings from Kingston Jamaica, can you please send me the 2002 version of the rule book.

Thanks,

Rohan