Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 1050 No Longer Supported!

Unfortunately, you can't just add the innards to convert a 1050 into a Super 1050. The frame machining is different, and parts won't interchange. However, we do sell just the Super 1050 lower frame assembly, then you add the handle, conversion kit, toolhead, casefeed assembly, priming system, et al. The part number is 21128, cost $700.00.

In this case, while there may have been a "half-truth" resulting from a communication breakdown, (or a "failure to communicate"... just watched Cool Hand Luke). I do not feel, or ever feel with Dillon however, that there is, was, or ever will be - "misrepresentation by firms and individuals profiting from same."

I know pretty much everyone (at management level) at Dillon, and have known Mike Dillon since he began building reloading presses in his garage, and I am absolutely certain that if he knew anyone involved with his company intentionally misled a customer - they would be a history lesson, instantly.

He has built his company from building presses in his garage to the empire that it is by:

Building and selling the best product he possibly can.

Continuously updating the product until it is as good as a machine can be.

Not remaining content with making ANYTHING "the way it's always been made."

Backing up his products with the best support in the industry.

(Because in the end, all that matters is customer support.)

be

It's not the responsibility of a moderator to post or in any way justify why a particular post was deleted or edited.

I must, and do, trust all the moderators to do their job, which is keep the forum a civil place to hang out and exchange information. In my opinion, when a post enters the realm of name calling, personal or business-wise, it is no longer welcome.

I read the posts that were deleted, and IMO they were completely tasteless and inappropriate, and offered nothing constructive or supportive in any way whatsoever.

If one needs simply to vent, that's what the Hate forum is for.

In my dream world, I hate the fact that, eventually, we must have "moderators." But because of the faceless nature of the internet, regrettably we must.

be