Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

? Regarding JP Low Mass Recoil System

dt1

The JP website states that their low mass recoil carriers (there are 2 available) require use of the JP trigger system, specifically the JP hammer. JPBC-3 is the one I was looking at.

Is this true? I was thinking about getting one, but I'm happy with my 2-stage triggers and don't want to go with the JP single stage (a very nice single stage trigger btw). I saw several JP low mass carriers on my stage at Benning this past weekend. I can't imagine all of these rifles have JP trigger systems also? Perhaps I'm wrong about that.

Comments or suggestions?

Thanks,

David

I think your looking at it the wrong way, most of those rifles, weather they have a light carrier

or not, or what brand they are, probably have the JP trigger !! :cheers:

And yes, if you go with the ultra light carrier you will need the hammer as standard hammers can

slow down the already internia challenged ultra light carrier.....

The JP website states that their low mass recoil carriers (there are 2 available) require use of the JP trigger system, specifically the JP hammer. JPBC-3 is the one I was looking at.

Is this true? I was thinking about getting one, but I'm happy with my 2-stage triggers and don't want to go with the JP single stage (a very nice single stage trigger btw). I saw several JP low mass carriers on my stage at Benning this past weekend. I can't imagine all of these rifles have JP trigger systems also? Perhaps I'm wrong about that.

Comments or suggestions?

Thanks,

David

JP's website states the JPBC-3 will work with any trigger. The aluminum carrier is the one that must use the JP trigger group with light springs.

Yes.....the aluminum carrier will work with any of the speed type hammers. RRA 2 stage work very well with JP yellow lightened springs as well.

Thanks Tod, should have known you'd have the low down on this topic!

David