Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR10 Mag Pouch

The description sort of sums it up, looking for kydex-style mag pouch that can fit an 1 3/4 inch belt. Mach 2 Sports have nice ones but they fit 1 1/2 inch belts. I've found nothing else so far so ANY help is appreciated.

Will a 1/4" spacer fix it?

Nick

I don't think Blade-tech currently makes pouchs for .308's. At least their website doesn't show any.

If you really need it to be Kydex-type and get desperate try:

http://www.buybrownholsters.com/

He made some pouchs for me for my M1A. I specified Tek-Lok attachments. They are OK. But not Blade-tech quality.

I don't think Blade-tech currently makes pouchs for .308's. At least their website doesn't show any.

If you really need it to be Kydex-type and get desperate try:

http://www.buybrownholsters.com/

He made some pouchs for me for my M1A. I specified Tek-Lok attachments. They are OK. But not Blade-tech quality.

Yeah, I checked both their sites.

Brownells has blade-tech AR-10 mag pouchs in stock.

Dillon has 3-gun gear double mag pouchs as well.

Both will accept up to a 2" belt.

Craig

Yep, I use the 3-gun gear pouches on their T-rig which drops them onto my leg for both my .308 (DPMS mags) and AR (USGI). Different pouches obviously :closedeyes: Now I wish they would make them for Saiga-12 mags! :cheers:

I use the Blade-Tech drop 3 each AR mag pouches for the Iron-Man only. About the only place I really need the extra ammo. I also attached 3 California Custom Shotshell holders (6) because I don't have enough waist. You can do the same with the Sagia magazine pouches on the T drop and just put the Sagia magazine pouches from Blade-Tech.

Blade tech mag pouches, in addition to being adaptable to many belt widths are also adjustable for tension on the mag.

This is the only pouch with which I am familiar that allows you to actually re-insert a mag with one hand.

Wilderness mag pouches are fine but if you have to re-insert a mag with one hand, forget it.

• 4 months later...
Blade tech mag pouches, in addition to being adaptable to many belt widths are also adjustable for tension on the mag.

This is the only pouch with which I am familiar that allows you to actually re-insert a mag with one hand.

Wilderness mag pouches are fine but if you have to re-insert a mag with one hand, forget it.

Another update - I bit the bullet and got another 2-belt rig (Safariland) primarily for my 1911 setup and it's an 1.5" belt. I tried the blade-tek AR-10 mag holder from Brownell's but it does not work with FN FAL type mags (even though their customer service rep said it ought to work). So the search continues!

I use The Widerness holder for both .223 and .308. They by far are the best holders out there. If you go looking for them remember it is "The Wilderness Company" Not wilderness or you will never find them.

These holders hold the mag perfectly, never get loose when it hot never shatter when cold and once the mag is gone from them don't hurt when you roll over on them. you can wash them, they are easy on easy off and very well made! KurtM

I use The Widerness holder for both .223 and .308. They by far are the best holders out there. If you go looking for them remember it is "The Wilderness Company" Not wilderness or you will never find them.

These holders hold the mag perfectly, never get loose when it hot never shatter when cold and once the mag is gone from them don't hurt when you roll over on them. you can wash them, they are easy on easy off and very well made! KurtM

+1 on The Wilderness Company

Buzz,

The Blade-Tech pouches with the Tech-Lock will work for sure, they go from 0 to 2 inch.

Scott Hawkins

Brownells has blade-tech AR-10 mag pouchs in stock.

Dillon has 3-gun gear double mag pouchs as well.

Both will accept up to a 2" belt.

Craig

Are you guys using these with DPMS/SR 25 style mags or M14 style mags?

The Bladetech pouch I got from Brownells does not fit the DPMS mags well at all, so I need to know which alternate I need to get.

Thanks, Craig

"Smokin"Shawn The Wilderness Company holders hold the SR-25/DPMS AR-10 mag just great! as well as M-14 mags FAL mags and G-3 mags...you can't go wrong with them. AND they are BLACK what could be better?? KurtM

"Smokin"Shawn The Wilderness Company holders hold the SR-25/DPMS AR-10 mag just great! as well as M-14 mags FAL mags and G-3 mags...you can't go wrong with them. AND they are BLACK what could be better?? KurtM

Yeah, I'm looking at those now, but not ruling out some sort of kydex holder. Thanks...

Kurt,

Looks like that what I am going to do....I hear stuff in black actually increases your tactical lethality by 29.3%...I don't even want to think about how badass they would be if they were available in coyote brown :devil:

BTW smokshwn is for Smoke Showin...Trapr can explain it to you. :cheers:

Thanks, Craig

• 1 month later...
I use the Blade-Tech drop 3 each AR mag pouches for the Iron-Man only. About the only place I really need the extra ammo. I also attached 3 California Custom Shotshell holders (6) because I don't have enough waist. You can do the same with the Sagia magazine pouches on the T drop and just put the Sagia magazine pouches from Blade-Tech.

Is it a good thing to not have enuff waist? :blush:

• 3 weeks later...