Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Has anyone on earth ever had a PACT Chrono EVER WORK?

I have the Timer/Chrono combo. It works. I don't use it at matches as a timer because it is so huge and seems like it might not take a drop well. I use it at home for dry fire because the par is really fast and easy to set and I taped up the speaker so it's quiet indoors.

The chrono seems to run a little slower than when I chrono at a match which is a bummer, but I blame it more on conditions than the chrono. I carry a fresh battery if I am going to do serious chrono work because I have seen it do weird stuff when the battery is low. I got a smokin' deal on it used.

I even got decent customer service from them. When I bought it, the manual wasn't included and the link to the manual on their site didn't work. They mailed me one out for free, even though I told them I bought it used.

Not me.

Mine worked perfectly...... for about 10 minutes.

I called them and they said "replace the battery".

I did, no change.

I sent it back and IIRC they kept if for about 4 months.

When I finally got it back, it still didn't work.

It's now sitting in a box gathering dust under my loading bench.

BTW, a digital scale I bought from them has now stopped working too.

I'm really happy for you guys that have had good results and service from their products.

Unfortunately, that was not my experience.

Tls

Edited by 38superman

The only issue I have with the PACT Professional is that I kept shooting the skyscreen housing, up rights and I took out the elecronics for the IR sensors. This year I spent about $200 on replacements. :surprise:

I did all this with a handgun but not with my .308Win nor the .338LM. Go figure. :roflol:

For my Mark IV chrono/timer, the short answer is yes.

But I've found it's essential to shield the unit from the muzzle blast (I keep it in a portable compact disc bag) and to keep the sensor wires parallel to each other---not overlapping. Once I discovered those things...and use it only when the sun is pretty much overhead (middle of the day is best)...I've found it nearly 100 percent reliable. Even works after a couple of rounds blow out part of the sensors :blush:

Curtis

Had a Pact MK IV timer/chrono combo that gave me fits from day one. Sun too bright, didn't work. Too many clouds, didn't work. And the thing was consistently giving higher readings than what the chronos at the matches were giving.

Gave up on it and went with a CED with IR screens mounted in a chrono coffin. Couldn't be happier.

FWIW: I still have the chrono kit for the MK IV. I'll let it go cheap. Complete with a couple of spare uprights that have been lightly shot.

........Complete with a couple of spare uprights that have been lightly shot.

:cheers::roflol:

Mine works....

I usually use my 79.95 chrono I bought somewhere though.... Lots less hassle on the setup and etc..

Edited by Merlin Orr