Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practicing with 22lr conversion kit ?

I shoot a CZ SP-01 and I've been shooting my Kadet .22lr conversion for several years. I recently put the same CZ Competition sights on my Kadet to match my SP-01 for practice. I noticed at the last match I had poor accuracy when shooting on the move as well as weak hand. I took a brick of .22lr to the range and worked on those two things and it significantly improved my confidence in those two areas. I also use the .22 kit to practice my hits on steel and target transitions. I think it really helps but I need all the help I can get.

On a related note, I also have a .22lr rifle to practice my rifle drills for 3 gun, seems to help but not nearly as much as .22lr pistol practice.

Edited by hartzpad

I just got my AA conversion for my Glock, and took it to Bullseye pistol practice to try it out. It worked great, but I could barely hit the paper with the one-handed Bullseye style. (I do fine at Bullseye with my Model 41 target pistol). I gave it to friend and he centered a 2-3" group with it. I obviously have trigger control issues with the Glock trigger even though I have been shooting one for >10 years. So I can already see this thing might be useful as a practice tool.

Yeah, I can't hit the broad side of a barn, bullseye-speaking, with a Glock. Rarely would I say this, but it's the gun/trigger in this case.

H.

• 4 weeks later...
I just got my AA conversion for my Glock, and took it to Bullseye pistol practice to try it out. It worked great, but I could barely hit the paper with the one-handed Bullseye style. (I do fine at Bullseye with my Model 41 target pistol). I gave it to friend and he centered a 2-3" group with it. I obviously have trigger control issues with the Glock trigger even though I have been shooting one for >10 years. So I can already see this thing might be useful as a practice tool.

Yeah, I can't hit the broad side of a barn, bullseye-speaking, with a Glock. Rarely would I say this, but it's the gun/trigger in this case.

H.

.22 conversions can be huge fun --- and cheap practice to boot. If you're trying to master the trigger on a glock, don't overlook dry fire either....

• 9 years later...

Wow this is an ancient thread.  I was window shopping on the internet and I think a conversion kit would be fantastic for me. Where I shoot, the 22lr is on the house for varmint control, so the kit would pay for itself in no time.  The problem is I don't have anything to convert.  They don't make them for revolvers.   Any suggestions or cautions on a LEFTY friendly, 9mm platform and a solid 22lr conversion kit?   I realize there are several,  I'm just looking for a few quick model and kit combos that work or,  even better,  a list of the ones that don't work.   

Thanks

Wow this is an ancient thread.  I was window shopping on the internet and I think a conversion kit would be fantastic for me. Where I shoot, the 22lr is on the house for varmint control, so the kit would pay for itself in no time.  The problem is I don't have anything to convert.  They don't make them for revolvers.   Any suggestions or cautions on a LEFTY friendly, 9mm platform and a solid 22lr conversion kit?   I realize there are several,  I'm just looking for a few quick model and kit combos that work or,  even better,  a list of the ones that don't work.   

Thanks

You can look into a Glock conversion. Glock Store sells completed Glock frames for around 200 and the Advantage Arms conversions are right around 300 last I checked. The other option is the full size .22 versions of the Beretta or PPQ they are usually under 400.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk