Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Entourage suddenly had 4 windows open

benos

I was getting ready to shut down for the day, and I'd closed Entourage's mail window, and there was another one behind it! Never seen that before. Turns out there were 4 identical mail windows open. So I closed them all, quit Entourage, and relaunched it, and 4 windows opened. Bummer. So I quit again, rebuilt the database, restarted the machine, and relaunched Entourage, and 4 windows opened again. Bummer squared.

So I closed the 4 windows (and left Entourage running this time), and clicked to re-open Entourage's mail window, and just one window opened. So quit Enrourage, and relaunched it, and this time just one window opened.

Then I checked all my email accounts, and got about 3 days worth of mail that I'd already got again. I think that usually happens after a database rebuild, so it's probably not a factor in the multiple window thing.

There is a command, File/Open/Open new Main Window - but I definitely didn't do that, 3 times.

Anyone seen anything like this? (No updates installed recently. And I googled it but didn't find anything.)

be

Hmmm, been using Entourage for 5+ years now and have never seen this one before. But as with all Microsoft products, if it doesn't happen again, then it ain't broken, heck, if it only happens now and then it's still good, LOL

Hmmm, been using Entourage for 5+ years now and have never seen this one before. But as with all Microsoft products, if it doesn't happen again, then it ain't broken, heck, if it only happens now and then it's still good, LOL

Right. :D