Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Every Gun Owner Should Have In Their Safe

Moderator Note: At the request of Thomas Moore, this thread was cleaned out and reopened. Please DO NOT post anything political in Brian's Forums. We are all guests here and need to remember to follow Brian's rules.

-Micah B

Forum Moderating Team

I want to get some ideas of different types of firearms I should have in my safe.

Been looking at AR lowers on the internet for when I get home and can try my hand at a couple of builds... Forget it, all the major dealers are dry. I would not be suprised if the hi-caps are dried up too.

I'm thinking a ton of just plain ole S_I mag tubes, everything else to make them will just be parts.

Tom, I hate to break it to you but the rush is already in full swing, I have been selling lowers for $200 and hi cap ar and glock mags are non existant

I have a friend with some 33 round 9mm Glock mags he wants to sell.

You need:

.22 LR Rifle

.22LR Pistol

12 Gauge semi-auto for 3 gun

12 ga OU/Pump for hunting/sporting clays

.44 mag pistol for camping in bear country

1911 for carry

Glock for carry

AR-15

STI/SVI

Long Range Bolt gun

If we're talking just the basics, I was always taught, Bolt gun in .308 or 30-06, 22LR pistol, 22LR rifle, 12GA pump gun, and one each revolver, semi-auto pistol, preferably the same caliber. That way you could always hunt any game you would need, and have reasonable personal protection.

I want to get some ideas of different types of firearms I should have in my safe.

Minimums listed...maximums...well, can you really have too many guns? :D

Pistols:

One Open gun, one Limited gun, one Single Stack, one Production gun. If on a budget, get Doctor'ed top end conversion for the Limited gun or get a Production gun that can double for Limited and L-10 and possibly for CC. If budget allows, a .22 and/or a revolver.

Rifles:

One semi auto (probably AR variant) for 3-Gun, one (action of your choice) set up for hunting. Caliber matched to game being pursued. A 10/22.

Shotguns:

One semi-auto set up 3-Gun, with another barrel or choke tubes for clays or hunting. If budget permits, an O/U for clays or hunting.

When budget permits, one really custom or collectible gun that shows just how fine the gunmaking art can be. These can be combined like a Python or SAA from the Colt Custom Shop, or a Midas Grade Superposed, or a Holland and Holland 'Bolt Action' Magazine Rifle.

Hi cap mags, where is the best place to purchase Glock Hi-Caps in 9mm?

I just bought 3 of the KBI Korean made Glock 19 (9mm) mags for $11 each in sealed packages. They are very good quality. There is a review and fotos in the Glock section of the site www.ar15.com